Could you be sending your firm's cash to fraudsters?
What would you do if you received an email from your boss like this?
"Hi, are you busy? I need you to process a wire transfer for me urgently. Let me know when you are free so I can send the beneficiary's details. Thanks."
Many of us would jump to it, eager to please.
But this message has all the hallmarks of CEO fraud, one of the most common forms of business email fraud targeting thousands of companies around the world every day.
Last year, Barbie manufacturer Mattel sent more than $3m (£2.3m) to a fraudulent account in China, after a finance executive was fooled by a message... read more
- 07:09 Old library to become town arts centre
- 07:09 Entrepreneur shows you how to grow your own veg, without any soil!
- 07:08 Arrogance beggars belief
- 07:08 I liken Terry Palmer to Winston Smith
- 07:07 Man suffers bleed on the brain in attack
- 07:05 South Yorkshire dementia charity is all fired up and ready to go
- 07:04 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 07:04 Breast isn’t always best, so stop shaming formula mums
- 07:03 Philippines' minister says Duterte agrees with ban on mining in...
- 07:03 Le Pen increases first round lead in French election - poll
- 07:02 ‘District council failed over pool cleanliness’
- 07:01 Manchester United News: Wayne Rooney update, Midfielder transfer...
- 07:01 Kasper Schmeichel plays down heroics to keep Leicester's Champions...
- 07:01 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 07:00 Dialog Semiconductor sees good sales growth in 2017
- 06:59 Who's in charge of Hands Off HRI - and is the money safe? Here's...
- 06:58 BREAKING: Helen Bailey murder - Ian Stewart guilty of killing...
- 06:58 Man wanted over Blackpool attacks
- 06:58 Fylde Tories doubt over county plans
- 06:58 Fast and furious waterpark slides get the thumbs up
- 06:58 Homes plan wins council approval
- 06:58 Donald Trump revokes Obama policy that affected transgender students
- 06:58 Mum’s Corrie delight after acting break
- 06:58 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 06:58 Museum Trust enjoys success with open day
- 06:58 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 06:57 Man 'gutted' in knife attack after refusing to give cash to beggars
- 06:57 One horse hit by vehicle after ponies run loose on A19
- 06:57 Hartlepool homeowner threatened with court for paving over his...
- 06:57 Extra support for Hartlepool and North Tees midwives