Could this lunchbox-sized device resurrect your dead phone? Heated vacuum chamber can dry out handsets in less than an hour
A bag of rice, a hair dryer and an oven are the usual tools used to save a smartphone or tablet that accidentally took a swim.
But a new firm has developed a solution that claims to remove 100 percent of the moisture from most portable electronic devices in less than an hour.
Called Redux, this lunchbox-sized machine uses a vacuum chamber and heat to vaporize the liquid trapped inside.
Scroll down for video
HOW DOES IT WORK? To save a device, users connect it to the Redux machine via the headphone jack and place it inside the vacuum chamber.
The air pressure reduces, which forces the... read more
- 10:17 Criminals are in for a shock as police are poised to get more...
- 10:17 Move over Tatooine: Incredible video shows THREE SUNS appear over...
- 10:17 X-Factor star Honey G to play live show in Sheffield tonight
- 10:17 The 'Shazam for faces': World's first facial recognition for...
- 10:17 PICTURES: Olaf greets visitors to the Lowedges Christmas market
- 10:17 British teenagers lag behind world's best in maths and reading tests
- 10:16 MOBO award winner to compose RSC score
- 10:15 FCA tightens rules for spread betting products
- 10:15 Pisa tests: Singapore top in global education rankings
- 10:15 Kiosks for clubbers to test quality of party drugs “could save lives”
- 10:15 Morecambe Arndale Centre’s Argos store to close
- 10:15 David Eatock: It was a part of my life I wanted to forget – I’d...
- 10:15 Inquest to take place after Barrow car park plunge
- 10:15 GLIDER TRAGEDY UPDATE: Eye witness says glider fell to the ground...
- 10:14 The five Premier League stars who scored the highest percentage of...
- 10:14 Dutch defender is wanted: Arsenal will locks horn with Man United...
- 10:13 Woman seen running from scene after attempted Knaresborough burglary
- 10:14 Arsenal star: Why beating Man United was a career highlight
- 10:13 Aldi to recruit dozens more staff across area
- 10:13 WATCH: Song for Christmas - Elland C of E Junior and Infant School
- 10:13 Police probe suspected arson attack in South Shields
- 10:12 Manchester United defender Phil Jones admits 'dropping points is...
- 10:11 A hair-raising way to help
- 10:11 Loris Karius and Lucas Leiva must improve if Liverpool are to win...
- 10:09 Borough chief Kennedy won't be standing down even after 'unreserved...
- 10:09 Northampton’s biggest single social housing development for 30...
- 10:09 Nelson cousins meet TV stars
- 10:09 City designers join online marketplace
- 10:09 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents
- 10:08 Prison sentence handed to Swadlincote lorry driver is criticised