Could this be the end of hot flushes? Hopes for millions going through menopause misery after scientists discover the genes behind 'the sweats'
They cause misery and embarrassment for women going through the menopause, striking up to 20 times a day.
But there could soon be a treatment for hot flushes for those who do not want HRT, after scientists found they are triggered by our genes.
Around three-quarters of menopausal women suffer night sweats and hot flushes, which can keep sufferers awake through the night, draining their energy during the day.
For some unlucky women, they can continue for decades through the menopause and into their eighties.
For those unwilling to take HRT, there are few proven treatments beyond suggestions... read more
- 09:12 Paul Pogba sends classy message to ‘lion’ Zlatan Ibrahimovic after...
- 09:12 Bilel Mohsni determined to succeed at Dundee United and put...
- 09:12 Local and international artists exhibit at three-day Clitheroe art...
- 09:12 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:12 Elderly couple taken to hospital after lamppost crash
- 09:11 Decision made on controversial 150-home proposal for edge of Winshill
- 09:11 ALERT: Masked men spotted on CCTV trying doors in Sheffield suburb
- 09:10 Liverpool and Real Madrid target Alisson tipped to become world's...
- 09:11 Meet your 2018 Hartlepool Chippy of the Year winner
- 09:10 Tottenham 'join Arsenal' in battle to sign Jonny Evans for £3m if...
- 09:10 Germany take on Brazil in Berlin as England host Italy at...
- 09:10 Trojans U13 Warriors show desire in defeat to Normanton
- 09:10 Bands ready to put on acoustic show at Slam Dunk
- 09:09 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:08 ALERT: Masked men spotted on CCTV trying doors in Sheffield suburb
- 09:08 How Trinity Leeds paved the way for a shopping revolution
- 09:08 Calls for Warwick District Council to release study into...
- 09:08 Traffic at a standstill on M621 in Leeds
- 09:08 What is it like to be in a driverless car? We put the first...
- 09:08 Mum FINED after autistic daughter, 9, missed school for charity ski...
- 09:07 Mum shares brutal Aldi warning and urges you to 'never' shop there
- 09:06 Lift finally back up in running at car park
- 09:05 10 of the best places to eat in Yorkshire
- 09:05 Task force set up to help homeless in Warwick district
- 09:04 Elderly couple taken to hospital after lamppost crash
- 09:04 Trio of burglars flee after Sheffield resident catches them red handed
- 09:04 Lift finally back up in running at car park
- 09:04 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:03 Wigan pensioner who hoarded vile child porn is spared jail
- 09:02 Ex-Aston Villa star and his Real Housewives of Cheshire wife...