Could internet bullies suffer from ADHD? Sufferers are angry, stay up late and are more likely to post tweets that contain swearing and words such as 'hate', scientists discover
Internet bullies may suffer from ADHD, new research suggests.
After analyzing Twitter posts, scientists discovered attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) patients are angry, swear more frequently and use words such as 'hate' and 'cry' more than non-sufferers, a study found.
They also often post tweets between the hours of midnight and 6am, the research adds.
Study author Sharath Chandra Guntuku from the University of Pennsylvania, said: 'On social media, where you can post your mental state freely, you get a lot of insight into what these people are going through, which might be... read more
- 13:38 Medicinal cannabis use to be reviewed by government
- 13:38 'County will rise above gloomy predictions'
- 13:38 Subway aims for 75 new outlets in North West
- 13:37 Linton Bridge reopens to traffic after closurer
- 13:36 Siblings in six-month challenge after dad's cancer diagnosis
- 13:35 Wave of support for school's ban on parents wearing pyjamas
- 13:35 Super League side Hull Kingston Rovers team up with Coventry Bears
- 13:35 Former Coventry City goalkeeper signs up at League One rivals
- 13:35 When are Coventry City's 2018-19 League One fixtures announced?
- 13:35 When does the transfer window close in summer 2018 - all you need...
- 13:32 Mum accused of biting woman's finger off in garden fight says trial...
- 13:32 Secret to happiness is to live in a big city like London or New York
- 13:31 Burton Albion's record on the opening day as EFL fixture release...
- 13:30 'Commie cadet' who wore Che Guevara T-shirt kicked out of US army
- 13:29 Green giant: can Glasgow's new School of Art eclipse Mackintosh's...
- 13:27 Daunting start for Hoppers in National League
- 13:27 Leeds ‘UFO’ likened to Death Star makes national headlines
- 13:26 The UK could legalise medicinal cannabis after major government review
- 13:26 Roofer Ashley Wilkes jailed for killing much-loved dad Christopher...
- 13:25 Tributes to 'lovely' 21-year-old whose death sparked police murder...
- 13:22 Man attacked pregnant girlfriend with Samurai sword because she...
- 13:22 Digital marketing agency sees 50% revenue jump after run of client...
- 13:22 Collision involving lorry and a car near St Peter's Bridge
- 13:21 Nabil Fekir to Liverpool: Sky Sports pundit claims Lyon transfer...
- 13:21 World Cup group B: Portugal vs. Morocco team news, kick-off time...
- 13:20 Police make 9 arrests in 4 day operation to tackle knife crime in...
- 13:20 South Yorkshire challenge raises funds for local clubs
- 13:20 Recycled tools benefit community gardeners
- 13:19 Blood-sucking flies to toxic caterpillars: the insects set to swarm...
- 13:19 Visa admits 5m payments failed over a broken switch