Could drugs used to treat arthritis cure depression? New pills for joint pain also found to ease symptoms of the blues
Anti-inflammatory drugs could be used in future to treat depression, scientists claim.
New types of drugs given to arthritis sufferers were found to ease symptoms of the mental health condition, a study found.
Cytokine inhibitors prevent the protein from flooding the blood stream and help to minimise joint pain - which has been linked as a cause of depression.
The findings could offer hope for patients whose current antidepressants are ineffective, experts say.
Researchers from Cambridge University analysed data from 20 trials involving the use of anti-cytokine drugs to treat a range of... read more
- 14:20 SUNDAY NEWSPAPER SHARE TIPS: RM Secured Direct Lending, Places for...
- 14:19 Finland shooting: Three women killed outside restaurant in Imatra
- 14:18 Get in the Christmas spirit with new production
- 14:16 Cleethorpes in the 1960s - Pictures
- 14:15 Melton Times letter: Plans to close St Mary’s Birth Centre
- 14:15 Arsenal star David Ospina planning talks with Arsene Wenger over...
- 14:12 Christmas party in Louth for the Air Ambulance
- 14:10 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 14:10 A leap forward or a step too far? The new debate over embryo research
- 14:09 Derbyshire council chiefs pull funding for ‘lifeline’ bus service
- 14:08 Derbyshire council chiefs pull funding for ‘lifeline’ bus service
- 14:08 Markets braced as Italians and Austrians go to the polls
- 14:08 Samuel Eto’o slams Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho: He’s out...
- 14:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Brownies present money from show
- 14:06 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 14:05 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 14:03 Were you among 600 Santas doing the Jingle Jog at Markeaton Park in...
- 14:01 Willian believes this was key to Chelsea's win over Man City
- 13:58 Serious crash closes Lincolnshire road - police at the scene
- 13:54 Pet cat has surgery after being shot near Oswestry
- 13:51 Chelsea defender David Luiz plays down Manchester City striker...
- 13:51 Traffic backing up in the city centre following crash in Lower...
- 13:46 48 hours in Castro's Cuba: From sipping daiquiris at Hemmingway's...
- 13:47 Serious crash closes road, police on the scene
- 13:47 Hull food hygiene ratings show four need to make major improvements
- 13:46 A REAL cliff hanger! Extreme campers pitch climbing tents more than...
- 13:46 Less than half of U.S. hotels have Bibles in rooms - but Trump...
- 13:46 COLUMN: Explore the Peaks from every angle like Puttrell
- 13:46 Derbyshire council chiefs pull funding for ‘lifeline’ bus service
- 13:46 Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School is 'inadequate'