Could an Earth-sized virtual telescope provide the first ever image of a BLACK HOLE?
We could soon have the first image of a supermassive black hole.
Scientists have built a 'virtual-telescope' which will be observing the black hole, Sagittarius A, between 5-14 April.
Sagittarius A has never been seen directly but scientists know it exists because of the effect it has on nearby stars.
The image will be a key test for Einstein's theory of gravity and could cause us to rewrite our understanding of basic physics.
Scroll down for video
HOW DOES THE TELESCOPE WORK? The telescope relies on a network of widely spaced radio antennas.
These are all over the world - in the South... read more
- 18:24 See the amazing miniature food that looks so real you want to eat it
- 18:24 Mikael Forssell exclusive: Ex-Birmingham City star looks back at...
- 18:24 Aston Villa's Albert Adomah on painting & decorating and being...
- 18:24 CCTV image issued after chainsaw theft near Bourne
- 18:24 Birmingham City Under 23s extend unbeaten run at Sheffield United
- 18:23 Ander Herrera reveals amazing secret about Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 18:22 Birmingham Moseley taking nothing for granted against struggling...
- 18:22 Aldi to open SIXTH Coventry store - and they're hiring
- 18:21 Squash is a ‘great’ sport to teach, say Doncaster brothers
- 18:21 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Sheffield man accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women says...
- 18:20 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Fire breaks out at Bangladesh central bank
- 18:20 Cobblers winger Sonupe joins Kidderminster on loan
- 18:20 EU refugee policy unsustainable, says Council of Europe commissioner
- 18:19 Mum sobs in court after smashing up equipment at Lincoln hospital
- 18:17 Two men jailed after trying to sell handgun linked to terrifying...
- 18:17 Pointless presenter Alexander Armstrong left unnerved by THIS...
- 18:17 REVEALED: 14 ways to keep kids entertained on flights WITHOUT...
- 18:17 Anti-ageing drug could be on the market in three years, say scientists
- 18:16 Mark McGhee urges Scotland fans to turn out in numbers for Slovenia...
- 18:16 Watch as Leicester mum shaves her head for charity
- 18:16 Bayern Munich being sued after Manchester United incident
- 18:16 Amber Valley residents urged to remain vigilant after several...
- 18:16 Southampton star Nathan Redmond reveals England aim
- 18:15 Your Kodi box could soon be declared illegal
- 18:15 London attack: Home secretary says don't blame intelligence agencies
- 18:14 Moldova says no response from Russia on money-laundering probe
- 18:14 How your breast milk changes depending what time of year it is
- 18:14 Granit Xhaka confident Arsene Wenger will stay on at Arsenal