Could acupuncture cure YOUR hot flushes? Needle therapy 'can halve the frequency of menopausal side effects'
They're the bane of many women's lives during menopause and often keep sufferers awake at night.
But now scientists have discovered a way to reduce the frequency of hot flushes and allow women to get a much better sleep.
Acupuncture treatment - where fine needles are inserted into certain points in the body - could help to cut the side effects from the menopause.
Almost half of women who experienced eight weeks of the treatment reported a 50 per cent decrease in hot flushes, a study found.
While one in ten women reported an 85 per cent reduction in the frequency of their flushes - which can... read more
- 15:11 Burglars steal valuable collection of model cars from elderly man
- 15:11 Working to tackle anti-social issues in Forest Hall
- 15:11 £10 shop theft from Worksop store put man at risk of prison
- 15:11 Wellingborough school alumni give inspirational talk to pupils
- 15:11 £300million IAMP development to create more than 5,000 jobs moves a...
- 15:11 What if I’ve murdered someone and buried them in the back garden?...
- 15:10 £10 shop theft from Worksop store put man at risk of prison
- 15:10 Wigan thief has jail term cut
- 15:09 'Lucky escape' for driver after car comes off road in North...
- 15:09 Road near Mansfield closed after car ends up on its side
- 15:09 Could pineapple plant be the answer to your snoring nightmare?
- 15:09 Everything you need to know about Christmas in Edinburgh
- 15:09 Preston woman tells of her struggle with depression and anxiety
- 15:09 'I'm not some saddo who doesn't have anything else' Mark McGhee on...
- 15:08 £10 shop theft from Worksop store put man at risk of prison
- 15:07 Birmingham architect named 'rising star'
- 15:07 John Michie shares treasured photo of late daughter Louella
- 15:07 Tributes paid to Royal British Legion stalwart locally and...
- 15:06 Mild conditions expected until Thursday
- 15:06 'The Reedley Wild Show'
- 15:06 Check out these two great hacks to get up to £40 in IKEA vouchers
- 15:06 Knife gang steal bikes from three boys near Birmingham youth centre
- 15:06 Birmingham City injury news: Latest on Gleeson and Gardner ahead of...
- 15:06 Tamworth FC: Andy Morrell's verdict on Darlington victory
- 15:06 Shopkeeper threatened and robbed in Shirley store hold-up
- 15:05 Melbourne woman originally from Zimbabwe says coup has been...
- 15:04 This is what you can do if you think your neighbours are smoking...
- 15:03 Tony Pulis sacked: who will be West Brom’s next manager?
- 15:02 West Ham favourites to beat Newcastle to wantaway Liverpool man...
- 15:02 Tales revival night hailed huge success