Could 3D printed hair follicles help with hair loss?
Hair follicles created by a process similar to 3D printing could one day be used as implants, L'Oreal has said.
The cosmetics firm is partnering with a French bio-printing company called Poietis, which has developed a form of laser printing for cell-based objects.
Hair follicles have not been created this way before and the firms expect it will take at least three years to adapt the process.
However, one hair loss charity said it was too early "to be getting excited".
L'Oreal already uses 3D printed skin in its product research.
"If we manage to bio-print a hair follicle we... read more
- 16:22 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:21 New Russian stealth fighter spotted in Syria
- 16:21 Eight died in 'avoidable collision' on M1, court told
- 16:21 D-Day veteran gets military honour
- 16:21 Porn on computer: Court finds against French worker over privacy
- 16:21 WATCH: Young man dives from bridge and narrowly avoids hitting THIS
- 16:21 Severn Trent explains why it is taking days to fix a water leak in...
- 16:21 Council Tax for residents in Warwick District set to rise
- 16:20 Chef Novelli applauds Wakefield food ahead of city's rhubarb festival
- 16:19 Germany's Brexit snatch: Deutsche Börse targets Britain’s euro...
- 16:19 Mother who poisoned and suffocated eight-week-old son is jailed
- 16:19 Yes, they did go to the Donna’s Dream House ball
- 16:19 Where to celebrate International Margarita Day
- 16:19 The Under the Hammer column – Hartleys Spring Fine Sale
- 16:18 Clare has enjoyed her beauty role
- 16:18 PGA Tour LIVE stream: How to watch Tiger Woods and co at the Honda...
- 16:18 $esc.html($content.name)
- 16:18 Football match abandoned after 'angry confrontation' breaks out
- 16:17 COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET: Shadow secretary tells Prime Minister to...
- 16:17 David Cross insists majority of Arrested Development cast ‘stand...
- 16:17 Northampton Clubbercise group members glow with pride at charity...
- 16:17 COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET: 'We have an elite few, and a mass of people...
- 16:17 It's become the job from hell but I am the man for the challenge,...
- 16:17 A danger to life and colder than Iceland: How cold will it get and...
- 16:17 Dad to take on half marathon following daughter’s cancer diagnosis
- 16:17 Corby MP hopeful visits school pupils
- 16:17 Review: Brighton Rock, York Theatre Royal
- 16:16 Awkward! Liam Gallagher attends same Brits after-party as daughter...
- 16:16 Canal groups in new appeal for volunteers
- 16:14 Did you know these Birmingham chain restaurants are halal?