Cost of living - fuel prices set to rise sharply
0 Have your say There’s bad news on the horizon for motorists - the cost of fuel is on the rise, with unleaded petrol now at 112.3 pence per litre. This is 0.7 pence per litre more than the previous week.
However, the Petrol Retailers Association have warned that the falling pound combined with Brent crude oil hitting a 52-week high could see fuel prices rise sharply by the end of the month - by as much as 5 pence per litre.
Office of National Statistics figures show that the cost of diesel has also risen by 0.7 pence per litre with the cost at the pump now 114.4 pence per litre - for the... read more
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police
- 08:58 The night Foo Fighters played Sheffield Arena
- 08:56 Councillors argue over almost 5% increase in tax bills
- 08:56 Grimsby Town will strive to find the right balance in League Two...
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot says his Mariners have the X-Factor...
- 08:56 Selfless YMCA volunteer took fatal overdose
- 08:54 Troubled Black Country bar fails to sell at auction
- 08:54 'I was that big, I could steer the bus with my belly': Driver John...
- 08:54 Chipperfield's Circus to keep lions at farm after vets give all-clear
- 08:54 Dozens of jobs for Walsall as Iceland plans new 'food warehouse'
- 08:53 £12,000 worth of outdoor clothing stolen from Lincolnshire business
- 08:53 Cabbie is sick of fines issued in error at McDonalds car park in...
- 08:53 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool will sack me like Claudio Ranieri if I...
- 08:52 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:50 The Conservation Volunteers are helping bring more woodland to West...
- 08:50 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:49 Swansea boss Paul Clement sends warning to Chelsea ahead of Premier...
- 08:48 Newcastle is UK’s most sleep deprived city
- 08:48 The ruinous effects of sly late payments
- 08:48 GPs sought to work in ambulance call centre
- 08:48 Funding stream supporting young people ends
- 08:48 Concerns over doorstep lenders
- 08:48 Work to rejuvenate estate nears completion
- 08:48 Drop-in event to highlight apprenticeship changes
- 08:48 Ashington win nine-goal thriller against Guisborough with last...
- 08:48 Jobs fair to be held at business park
- 08:48 North Shields man charged with knife-point robberies
- 08:47 Cumbria in store for a wet and wild Saturday as Storm Doris returns