Coroner still waiting for report on Staffordshire Police's response in Norasab Hussain case
A coroner is still waiting for the result of an investigation into how police responded to the stabbing of a man killed by his girlfriend.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating Staffordshire Police's response in the case of Norasab Hussain, who was killed by his girlfriend Sophie Butler in May last year.
Butler was jailed for more than six years in February, after admitting manslaughter.
North Staffordshire Coroner Ian Smith is awaiting the outcome of the IPCC investigation before he rules whether an inquest into Mr Hussain's death is to be held.
Staffordshire Police... read more
- 06:15 Former Manchester United FC star criticises FOUR current players
- 06:15 Lancashire Police failing stress test
- 06:12 Thousands of tiny plastic 'nurdles' washed up on Hartlepool beach
- 06:12 Top sponsors for Sunderland students event
- 06:12 Camera helps catch Wearside flytipper
- 06:12 Sunderland paedophile snared by Dark Justice
- 06:11 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 06:11 Anthony Martial: Why my form was better under Louis van Gaal than...
- 06:10 Plans go in for Sikh temple in Kettering
- 06:10 Independent coffee chain set for expansion with new branches in...
- 06:10 Corby teacher named in top 10 in the world
- 06:10 Teen’s death leaves village in shock
- 06:10 Section of A61 in Chesterfield shut for hours due to 'incident'
- 06:08 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 06:08 Vandals cause bus disruption across city
- 06:08 Cycle track arrest of most wanted Morecambe man
- 06:08 Philippine minister doubtful of China row resolution 'during our...
- 06:07 Nurse who slept on duty is suspended
- 06:08 German Social Democrats still hard on heels of Merkel's...
- 06:07 Lancashire Police failing stress test
- 06:07 Woman threatened to 'petrol bomb' social services department in...
- 06:07 Blackpool: From the courts 22-02-17
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Gisela Stuart, Edgbaston
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Richard Burden, Northfield
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Liam Byrne, Hodge Hill
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Andrew Mitchell, Sutton Coldfield
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Jess Phillips, Yardley
- 06:02 City name their price for Hart transplant
- 06:02 Magpies star Whitham hailed after joining the 300 club
- 06:01 Former Coventry City defender to begin stint with American club...