Coroner delivers cocaine warning in Levi Raymond inquest
The death of man who had taken cocaine should serve as a warning to others in the community, a coroner has said.
Levi Raymond, 39, died on April 5, 2016, after being taken to the emergency department at the Queen's Medical Centre.
Assistant coroner Stephanie Haskey said Mr Raymond's death served as a cautionary tale for other people who may be exposed to cocaine.
She said: "I should say, to all of those young men and women in the city, to take note and be warned because cocaine can cause sudden, unexpected death. It can rob young men and women of their futures and can, so sadly in... read more
- 17:05 Exclusive Connor Simpson PNE column
- 17:05 Payback time after PNE’s suffering in Suffolk
- 17:05 Harrogate's women-led festival of beer
- 17:05 Hannah Turtle jailed for life for murdering her baby son
- 17:04 'Easy fix' to 'dangerous' Northampton junction spotted by resident...
- 17:02 Man Utd star slammed for sleep walking through Sevilla clash
- 17:02 Mundell backs Scottish Tory MPs over 'hard Brexit' letter
- 17:01 Agreement with airport aims for better transport links
- 17:01 M1 crash deaths: Lorry driver 'twice drink-drive limit'
- 17:01 NRA's Wayne LaPierre echoes Trump's plan to arm teachers
- 17:00 Celtic captain Scott Brown is already 'Russia's favourite Scotsman'...
- 17:00 North Tyneside man jailed for burglary and assault
- 16:59 BREAKING: Car ploughs into group of children in Slovakia – 12 injured
- 16:59 Morty’s 1953 FA Cup final hat-trick ball makes five grand at auction
- 16:58 Delays on M53 following collision between lorry and car
- 16:58 Conference on investing set to arrive in Edinburgh
- 16:58 BBC TV licence fee to rise by £3.50 in April
- 16:58 Harrogate's women-led festival of beer
- 16:58 Ambulance crew save Leeds toddler’s life as his heart stops for...
- 16:58 Roger Federer WILL take on Rafael Nadal at French Open: Maclagan...
- 16:58 Man Utd news: Is this the reason Alexis Sanchez has struggled since...
- 16:58 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho wants Lionel Messi friend if he lets...
- 16:57 Lewis Hamilton prepared for rivalry with Sebastian Vettel to become...
- 16:55 Deadline extended on Melton Trumpton cash appeal
- 16:54 Murderer tried to kill second woman during release from prison for...
- 16:54 Homes targeted in Perry Barr after three burglaries in one night
- 16:54 Imam responds in perfect way to being racially abused on train
- 16:54 West Bromwich Albion vs Huddersfield: Team news, kick off time, TV...
- 16:54 I call on Ireland and Britain to break the Stormont deadlock
- 16:53 Almost 270 jobs put at risk under Swinton Insurance plans to close...