Coroner cries during inquest of baby killed by forceps during delivery
A coroner was moved to tears as she concluded the inquest of a baby who died six weeks after a forceps delivery, this week.
Noah Finn, of Acklam, Middlesbrough, died on February 17 last year in James Cook University Hospital’s neonatal unit.
He was born with brain damage, a carotid artery dissection – a torn neck artery – and a damaged spinal cord, leaving him unable to breathe for himself.
The inquest heard how there was a 1 in 80,000 chance such an injury could occur in a forceps birth of that kind.
Teesside senior coroner Clare Bailey struggled to contain her emotions as she gave a... read more
- 13:54 "It's stand-up time" Everything Mark Robins said after battling...
- 13:53 Newsquest targets Archant as newspaper consolidation gathers pace
- 13:51 Syria: fresh fighting in eastern Ghouta despite UN-ordered ceasefire
- 13:51 Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre church closes in tax protest
- 13:49 Sing harmony session in Louth
- 13:49 Yorkshire to be 'colder than the Arctic Circle' this coming week
- 13:49 Super-rare quintuplet lambs born on Yorkshire farm
- 13:47 Airbnb Plus is the boujee upgrade that lets you choose the...
- 13:43 What is the prize money for the 2017-18 League Cup?
- 13:42 Saleh Muslim: Syrian Kurdish leader arrested in Prague
- 13:42 Transgender wrestler Mack Beggs wins Texas girls title again
- 13:39 Six teens rushed to hospital amid MDMA warning
- 13:39 RBS accused of using "grossly dishonest" figures to justify branch...
- 13:38 Vehicles damaged after emergency services called to blaze outside...
- 13:38 Neymar wants Barcelona star to join PSG this summer, Lionel Messi...
- 13:38 Arsenal EXCLUSIVE: Arsene Wenger's big Carabao Cup final decision...
- 13:38 Paul Pogba returns for Man Utd – but fans are terrified of their...
- 13:37 Airbnb eyes IPO as part of expansion
- 13:37 Shostakovich and Rachmaninov
- 13:37 Lovely Eggs sunny side up
- 13:37 Kenilworth man to take on mammoth challenge for charity
- 13:35 Vehicles damaged after emergency services called to blaze outside...
- 13:34 "I've not spoken to anybody" - Every word from Steve Cotterill as...
- 13:34 Jurgen Klopp identifies Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook as Emre...
- 13:34 Barcelona confirm injured defender will miss Champions League clash...
- 13:33 Drug alert as six 13-year-olds fall ill
- 13:33 Improve your health with trainers service
- 13:31 Google Maps: ‘Door to Hell’ phenomenon has burned for 40 years -...
- 13:31 Pep Guardiola makes huge Arsene Wenger REJECT claim ahead of...
- 13:29 Geri Horner all but confirms new music and gigs from the Spice Girls