Copenhagen face disciplinary action after fans let off flares and fireworks during defeat at Leicester
UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Copenhagen after the Danish club's fans set off fireworks during their 1-0 Champions League defeat at Leicester.
European football's governing body has been cracking down on the use of fireworks, flares and smoke bombs by supporters, with Celtic, Liverpool and Manchester City among the clubs recently fined or warned for breaching regulations on pyrotechnics.
A statement posted on UEFA's official website said Copenhagen had been charged for 'the setting off of fireworks - article 16 (2) of the UEFA disciplinary regulations' on Tuesday night.... read more
- 10:01 Man arrested following armed robberies
- 10:01 I’ll unify America, pledges Trump... but the protests have already...
- 10:01 Man dies after serious crash
- 10:00 Charity on the lookout for help
- 10:00 Retail sales fall 1.9% in December
- 10:00 You should report passengers who watch porn on public transport,...
- 09:59 Sheffield teacher named as Yorkshire’s ‘souper star’
- 09:59 Nottinghamshire farmer plants 'edible woodland'
- 09:59 College plans to take on former deeds building
- 09:58 Funeral of Daniel McMullen takes place in Workington today
- 09:58 Hospital faces rise in business rates
- 09:58 Man caught on CCTV stealing meat worth £60 from Leeds Road Co-op
- 09:57 Overturned car in serious accident near Tamworth
- 09:57 Two patients treated after collision near West Midlands Water Ski...
- 09:57 Husband of Kulwinder Kaur charged with her murder
- 09:56 Lancaster cafe owner denies owing ex-staff wages
- 09:57 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: We tried our best - Steve Bruce
- 09:56 City becomes national LGBT hub
- 09:56 Sheffield man jailed after turning 'ceramic bong' shaped like...
- 09:56 A new era for your favourite local newspapers
- 09:56 Dan Evans reaches fourth round of a Grand Slam for first time after...
- 09:56 Jealous husband stabbed wife to death because she talked to...
- 09:56 City News: Halfords' happy Christmas, furniture-makers fined and a...
- 09:56 U.S. consortium reveals failed bid for Nottingham Forest
- 09:56 Hospitals issue safety alerts
- 09:56 Manchester United could do with a miracle but it's Man City who...
- 09:56 Uber to pay $20 million to settle U.S. claims it misled drivers
- 09:55 Devastated family of missing dad-of-four pay heartbreaking tribute...
- 09:53 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:53 Enthusiasts putting on their dancing shoes for Roy Castle