Convicted murderer who walked out of North Sea Camp given six month sentence
A convicted murderer who walked out of North Sea Camp near Boston open prison has been given a six month jail sentence.
Police launched a manhunt for Stuart Brownhill, 59, after he was noticed missing from a 5am roll call on September 16.
Members of the public were warned not to approach Brownhill, who was sentenced to life imprisonment at Manchester Crown Court in 1985.
Lincoln Crown Court heard Brownhill absconded from the prison over concerns that other inmates were taking legal highs.
He was caught at around 10.45pm on the same day as his escape and taken back in to custody, the court... read more
- 13:50 Sex toys delivered to school
- 13:50 Four days of strike action announced by Northern rail workers in...
- 13:49 TSB customers share their experiences of IT crisis
- 13:49 Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid TV channel: How to watch Champions...
- 13:48 Is this America's most bizarre property? Inside the wacky 'whale...
- 13:48 Novak Djokovic OUT of the Barcelona Open after shock defeat to...
- 13:47 Verdict in trial of teenager accused of murdering boy, 17, in...
- 13:47 Summer education courses launched
- 13:47 Berwick hospital plans to be discussed at public meeting
- 13:45 The key to a long life isn’t money or genetics – it’s...
- 13:45 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:44 Brexit Bill: David Davis hopeful of late deal with Holyrood
- 13:44 Students ‘shouted “My turn, my turn” as they gang-raped drunk girl...
- 13:44 ‘Skynet’ AI could launch nuclear apocalypse which will wipe out...
- 13:44 Chorley Costcutter turns a corner with new four-star food hygiene...
- 13:43 Go off air! Go Compare's Bill Monster advert can only be shown at...
- 13:42 World of Sport Wrestling to return to British TV screens
- 13:40 PMQs sketch: Fuming Yvette Cooper takes May to task over Windrush...
- 13:40 Plea to find thugs who shot a goose through the head with a crossbow
- 13:40 Arsene Wenger hints he was SACKED by Arsenal in mega revelation
- 13:40 Bomb squad drama: Police deny fire was rigged to hide removal of...
- 13:37 Jeremy Corbyn calls for Amber Rudd to resign over Windrush scandal
- 13:37 Arsene Wenger reveals timing of his exit after 22 years at Arsenal...
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name