Consuming food when behind the wheel can be a crash-causing distraction
New research from road safety charity Brake and insurer Direct Line has found that over a quarter of people (27%) have unwrapped and eaten food and a third (33%) admit to eating food someone else has unwrapped for them.
Among drivers aged 25-34, these figures are even higher, with more than half (55%) of this age group admitting they have unwrapped and then eaten at the wheel, with just under a third of those admitting to doing it at least once every week.
Eating while driving is an increasingly prevalent road safety issue, with recent research showing that drivers who eat and drink at the... read more
- 11:53 Sturgeon hails Scotland's links with Arctic nations
- 11:53 Driver arrested after A64 police chase
- 11:52 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:51 Witness appeal following serious collision on A1
- 11:51 This Morning viewers in UPROAR as massive technical failure causes...
- 11:51 Corby’s speeding hotspots to be tackled in Road Safety Week
- 11:50 Leonard under fire for trying to take credit for BiFab deal
- 11:50 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:49 How to get rid of BAD BREATH: These foods could cause bad oral hygiene
- 11:49 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:48 Recruitment roadshow for aspiring teachers set to come to Coventry...
- 11:47 Leeds pensioners die after crash in the Dales
- 11:47 Road hogs are clogging up motorway’s middle lane
- 11:47 Labour leader says Party refused Kezia Dugdale permission to go on...
- 11:47 North Sea oil industry could be boosted by change in Budget
- 11:46 Fuel prices are slashed at Morrisons
- 11:46 Name released of man, 52, killed in crash as coroner prepares to...
- 11:46 Berwick victory sees them climb to third
- 11:46 Everton FC striker Oumar Niasse on the penalty decision that...
- 11:45 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United line up £40m move for Danny Rose,...
- 11:44 Man kicks off after chippy staff pour gravy on his chips in Manchester
- 11:44 Alcester firm is region’s top exporter
- 11:44 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:44 Popular Doncaster pub closes down for refurbishment amid Facebook...
- 11:43 Charles Bronson's new wife defends controversial wedding as she...
- 11:43 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:43 Carlisle's city centre Argos to close
- 11:43 Weather warning of rain issued for Cumbria
- 11:43 Buchanan insists Cobblers confidence remains high despite...
- 11:42 Hepatitis A vaccinations at nursery after child contracts illness