Consumers 'face epidemic of price hikes blamed on Brexit' following the row between Unilever and Tesco
Consumers face an epidemic of price hikes blamed on Brexit following the row between Unilever and Tesco, experts warn.
Retail analysts fear manufacturers are lining up to impose price rises blamed on a fall in the value of the pound since the referendum.
Sterling has fallen about 18 per cent against the US dollar and 15 per cent against the euro since the vote to leave the European Union.
The slide has boosted exports but also driven up the cost of imports – setting the scene for higher prices in supermarkets and on the high street.
Britons already pay more for everything from gadgets such... read more
- 13:34 Live updates as 20 firefighters race to large fire at vehicle...
- 13:34 Charity walkers step out on the Bryson Line
- 13:34 Latest results from the courts
- 13:33 Arsenal transfer news: Lucas Torreira breaks silence over Gunners...
- 13:33 A thief who struck at a shopping centre has been locked-up and...
- 13:33 VIDEO: £5m retail development at the former Vesuvius factory site...
- 13:32 Ambulance crews get police award for work to try and save life of...
- 13:32 Man appears in court over murder of Rolandas Poskus after body...
- 13:32 Man charged with assault following death of Nuneaton man
- 13:31 The story behind Business Secretary's backing for Grimsby's...
- 13:31 VIDEO: £5m retail development at the former Vesuvius factory site...
- 13:31 Watch incredible moment traffic cops box in suspected criminals as...
- 13:31 Fightback dinner celebrates the youngest person in Scotland living...
- 13:31 New divides over oil prices as Opec heads for crunch meeting
- 13:29 Roads now open following serious collision near Northampton
- 13:29 Edinburgh’s Archangels syndicate takes top spot
- 13:29 Man City chief provides major update on Jorginho deal
- 13:29 Culture secretary urges BBC to appoint female Question Time host
- 13:29 Shamed MSP Mark McDonald 'should be suspended from Holyrood'
- 13:28 Mum's airing cupboard death 'devastated family'
- 13:28 Police car collides with bus in Newport, injuring 10
- 13:26 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Carlisle comes up trumps when it comes to clean air
- 13:25 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Dinosaur bones, shark teeth and crocodile armour at popular museum
- 13:25 Theresa May’s backdrop collapses again in Prime Ministerial...
- 13:25 Teen remanded over Wakefield city-centre stabbing
- 13:24 Top Grasmere chef proves he can handle the heat
- 13:24 A thief who struck at a shopping centre has been locked-up and...
- 13:23 Parents swap the suburban life for living on the open road in an...