Consumers 'face epidemic of price hikes blamed on Brexit' following the row between Unilever and Tesco
Consumers face an epidemic of price hikes blamed on Brexit following the row between Unilever and Tesco, experts warn.
Retail analysts fear manufacturers are lining up to impose price rises blamed on a fall in the value of the pound since the referendum.
Sterling has fallen about 18 per cent against the US dollar and 15 per cent against the euro since the vote to leave the European Union.
The slide has boosted exports but also driven up the cost of imports – setting the scene for higher prices in supermarkets and on the high street.
Britons already pay more for everything from gadgets such... read more
- 06:43 Spitfire on display at vintage day of fun and nostalgia
- 06:42 Man City confident of beating Manchester United to £38m star after...
- 06:41 Tesco opening hours for the May bank holiday – everything you need...
- 06:41 Manchester bombing inquiry spreads south with arrests in West Sussex
- 06:41 Family tribute to Elaine McIver – the ‘glue that held us all together’
- 06:41 Ikea opening hours for the May bank holiday – everything you need...
- 06:41 Tributes to Kelly Brewster who heroically shielded her sister...
- 06:40 Bank Holiday Monday opening times in Nottingham for Tesco, Asda,...
- 06:40 The Red Bar in Mansfield given low food hygiene rating - but...
- 06:40 Man caught doing online banking while driving on M5 near Birmingham
- 06:40 How £2.20 fare ended up costing these tram travellers hundreds of...
- 06:40 Hi tech biz will go ahead in Brum- after ANT colony is moved
- 06:40 Notts mother conned out of £10,000 by online romance fraudster
- 06:40 Meet the 12-year-old who's raising money for 'Hucknall's princess'...
- 06:40 Eating chocolate ‘lowers risk of irregular heartbeat’
- 06:40 New project to support communities and record migrants’ experiences...
- 06:40 FOOD COLUMN: Summer itself in a tasty dish
- 06:36 Hedgehog casualties after early arrivals
- 06:36 Recent plans submitted to council
- 06:36 Islanders happy at poll result
- 06:36 Closures planned on two Alnwick streets this summer
- 06:36 A man’s world in Long Sutton shed
- 06:36 After Everest record Indian woman sets sights on unclimbed peaks
- 06:34 Flight delay predictions ahead of half-term bank holiday
- 06:33 Simon Mignolet: I had to move out of Liverpool because of the...
- 06:33 Chester's new foot pedal operated bin could be a winner
- 06:32 Ernesto Valverde wants to include player in Barcelona squad despite...
- 06:32 French Open 2017: Andy Murray says low expectations could give him...
- 06:32 Formula 1 news: Ferrari have picked Sebastian Vettel over Kimi...
- 06:32 Manchester City close to signing Benfica star