Consultants sign letter expressing 'deep' concerns for seven-day NHS plans
More than 200 consultants have signed a letter to NHS England saying they are " deeply concerned by the un-costed, un-evidenced" plans for a seven-day NHS.
The letter, organised by the Junior Doctors' Alliance, comes as separate research from the British Medical Association (BMA) found almost half of doctors are so disillusioned with the NHS they are hoping to move abroad.
In the letter, consultants said they were concerned by plans to create a "truly seven-day NHS" - a phrase used by Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt - "at a time when there is abundant evidence that we... read more
- 09:51 'Life-saving' medical cannabis looks set to finally be provided for...
- 09:50 The Jerry Springer Show turns 25: the 10 most outrageous moments
- 09:49 Carillion collapse cost Notts taxpayers a quarter of a million pounds
- 09:49 Harrogate Hospital's Emergency Department moved for temporary works
- 09:49 The Finsbury Park attack showed us the worst of Britain, but how we...
- 09:49 How will YouTube Music and YouTube Premium work and how much will...
- 09:49 Residents 'shocked' by amount of Wigan dog thefts
- 09:49 Liverpool transfer news: Nabil Fekir quizzed on failed Anfield switch
- 09:48 STV chiefs under fire after snubbing Holyrood appearance
- 09:48 Northants councils shake-up: Consultation ‘a farce’
- 09:48 Woman who revealed names of two sex offence victims on social media...
- 09:47 Oz thug rock: the sound of 'complete disregard for authority'
- 09:47 Inside Jean-Michel Basquiat’s teen years: 'He was hitting on...
- 09:47 Capital’s Sigma extends Countryside deal
- 09:47 Lord Hague joins call for cannabis reform in wake of epilepsy...
- 09:47 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:47 Air Ambulance called to Preston garage after 'car falls on man'
- 09:47 Burnley street gripped by World Cup fever
- 09:45 Burglary at York farm shop: Police release CCTV image of suspect
- 09:45 Union back on picket line as train strike hits Wigan
- 09:45 Cash stolen after thieves break into neighbouring shops in Corby
- 09:44 Booze-fuelled school-run mum narrowly escapes prison sentence after...
- 09:44 Teenage boy stabbed outside Sheffield pub
- 09:44 Chelsea transfer news: Sven Goran Eriksson reveals Roman Abramovich...
- 09:43 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:42 OPINION: Kane world class as England dig deep in adversity to win...
- 09:42 Accident reported on A38 at Claymills - updates
- 09:42 Rugby man kept searching and downloading indecent images of...
- 09:41 Caravan camp appears on Stray in Harrogate
- 09:41 Harrogate Hospital's Emergency Department moved for temporary works