Conor Hourihane hoping to hit the big time after making a name for himself at Barnsley: 'Maybe I'm a slow burner... I'm confident my best years are ahead'
In the Sunderland FA Youth Cup team of 2008, their run to the semi-finals was based on the central midfield pairing of Jack Colback and Conor Hourihane.
On the right wing was a certain Jordan Henderson. 'He wasn't one to take the full-back on. He was more like David Beckham, get a yard and either cross it or come inside,' recalls Hourihane.
Today, Henderson is captain of Liverpool and England while Hourihane and Colback battle it out in the Championship and face each other on Tuesday night when Barnsley meet Newcastle at Oakwell.
Colback has also previously played in the Premier League for... read more
- 02:23 Oxford Dodo was shot in head, scans find
- 02:23 Work begins on Western Isles' first mosque
- 02:23 Ex-MP Tessa Jowell first to donate data to medical database
- 02:10 Cow could soon be largest land mammal left due to human activity –...
- 02:07 How God Of War turned Kratos into one of gaming’s greatest characters
- 02:02 Berlin set for mass evacuation as WW2 bomb is defused
- 01:57 Baize aces collect their awards
- 01:53 Time 100 list: New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern praised as 'political...
- 01:23 South Africa: Ramaphosa leaves Commonwealth summit to deal with...
- 01:22 New 'shadow' council to be set up for north of Northamptonshire
- 01:02 National Trust should be 'radical'
- 00:56 Sudoku hard 4039
- 00:54 Premier League clubs post record profits last season thanks to TV...
- 00:53 ‘Magic’ mushrooms to boost Caledonian Forest restoration
- 00:45 REVEALED: Harrogate Advertiser Business Awards winners 2018
- 00:45 How an asparagus farmer's death spurred robotic innovation
- 00:44 How does he do it? Secrets of David Copperfield’s disappearing...
- 00:44 Chelsea left back Marcos Alonso meets up with friends for a meal...
- 00:41 Premier League club revenues soar to £4.5bn
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Theresa May rides out Windrush storm - but Amber...
- 00:39 Charlotte Burns: Little substance to promises of a green future
- 00:39 Leonie Jackson: Why Enoch Powell’s Rivers of Blood speech still...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: A lack of nuance. Immigration debate still...
- 00:38 Poorest families 'going without food or power'
- 00:36 UK's Alys Tomlinson named photographer of year at Sony awards
- 00:36 Javier Bardem defends Woody Allen: 'I am very shocked by this...
- 00:36 Smartphone overuse increases loneliness and anxiety, and forms...
- 00:36 Crick mum names baby after hotel her waters broke in during...
- 00:35 German swastika ticket row as Hitler play opens in Konstanz
- 00:33 Mystery 'explosion' heard across large parts of Doncaster