CONFIRMED: Sam Allardyce LEAVES England job: Gareth Southgate set for caretaker role
The 51-year-old has left his position after being caught up in a newspaper sting.
Allardyce was hauled before FA bigwigs Greg Clarke and Martin Glenn today to answer claims in the Daily Telegraph that he used his position as England boss to negotiate a £400,000 deal with bogus businessman purporting to be from the Far East.
* READ DAVID WOODS ON WHY GARETH SOUTHGATE IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR ENGLAND *
He was also allegedly caught offering advice on how to circumvent rules on transfers.
Allardyce leaves his role after just 67 days in the top job.
The FA wrote in a statement: "The FA can... read more
- 09:31 Kane Williamson hits 148 to hand New Zealand first-innings...
- 09:30 Road blocked due to fracking demonstration
- 09:30 Apparently we should we all be aiming to walk 15,000 steps a day
- 09:30 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:29 £2.37bn overspend on insurance to continue
- 09:29 Drugs raid on nightclub uncovers 40 cannabis plants
- 09:28 Former Coventry City defender Cyrus Christie 'in shock' after...
- 09:28 Former Coventry City loan star Adam Armstrong fires England U20s to...
- 09:28 Ireland v Iceland TV channel, date, kick-off time and odds
- 09:27 Sean Gregan’s exclusive PNE column
- 09:27 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:27 Cameras head out to 23 Derbyshire routes to catch speeding drivers
- 09:27 The Dock Tower - Grimsby's iconic landmark - celebrates its 165th...
- 09:26 Man who punched hole in ex’s wall gets a community order
- 09:26 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:25 ‘EU survival is AT RISK’ Brussels’ chief reveals ‘existential...
- 09:25 BREAKING: Plane heading to Dublin declares mid-air emergency
- 09:25 'She's as frosty as a storm' Trump puts screws on Angela Merkel...
- 09:24 Mystery 'alien' noises heard in the skies over Sweden, America and...
- 09:24 Marcus Rashford must mix up his game more, according to Manchester...
- 09:24 Russia says satisfied oil cuts deal being adhered to - RIA
- 09:24 South Yorkshire Police prepares to pay out millions in compensation...
- 09:24 Euro zone household lending grows at its best rate since late 2010:...
- 09:24 German Ifo business morale brightens unexpectedly in March
- 09:23 TRAFFIC: M1 North cleared after crash
- 09:23 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 09:22 Ian Wright really impressed by Arsenal transfer target
- 09:22 Taking a tumble: Ant McPartlin tries (and fails) to cover up...
- 09:22 'He shouldn't be allowed around her': Sarah Paulson shrieks as Cuba...
- 09:22 BT fined record £42million over delayed high-speed internet...