Concussion forces Ireland prop Nathan White to retire
Ireland international prop Nathan White is to retire from rugby on medical advice following a concussion injury.
White's provincial team Connacht and the Irish Rugby Football Union made a joint announcement that 35-year-old White's professional career is over.
Born in New Zealand, he qualified for Ireland on residency grounds, and won 13 caps in 2015 and 2016, including being part of Ireland's World Cup campaign last year.
"While it's disappointing to finish up this way and not on my own terms, I feel that I can look back at my rugby career with a lot of pride," White said.... read more
- 14:09 Unique project aims to revitalise Blyth’s market
- 14:08 Paul Ince to Middlesbrough: Former England star reacts to...
- 14:09 London attack: Reaction from North-East politicians
- 14:09 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:08 Sebastian Vettel reveals Ferrari expectations ahead of Australian...
- 14:08 Gareth Southgate hails Liverpool and Tottenham duo after Germany...
- 14:08 THIS is as crucial as BLOOD pressure for heart health - but do YOU...
- 14:08 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:07 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 14:07 A DRIVING FORCE: On the road with patient transport volunteer - VIDEO
- 14:07 Man found dead in Wetherpoon toilets by cleaner next day
- 14:06 YP Letters: Why shale gas could transform rural life for the better
- 14:07 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:06 YP Letters: High-speed train proves a brain drain
- 14:06 YP Letters: Computers get in way between GP and patient
- 14:06 Fleetwood midfielder George Glendon still available for selection...
- 14:06 Erdogan says Bulgaria's pressure on Turks "unacceptable"
- 14:06 Cheers from wedding guests after door dilemma makes Emily and...
- 14:05 Second Birmingham flat raided over London terror attack
- 14:05 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 14:05 Time to reward our dedicated volunteers
- 14:05 Everton transfer target admits he fancies move to big club
- 14:04 Peter is Spalding’s Cake King for World Autism Awareness Week
- 14:04 Dogs rescued after house fire
- 14:04 Fancy getting a fossil named after you like David Attenborough?...
- 14:04 Westminster Bridge re-opens less than 24 hours after terror attack
- 14:04 Woman calls out man who suggests her breastfeeding is ‘too far’...
- 14:03 Mosque leaders condemn “vile” terror attack
- 14:02 Schools are ‘betrayed’ as budgets cut
- 14:02 Increased police patrols planned for town centre