Concentrix: 90% of tax-credit company appeals upheld
About 90% of appeals against a company hired by Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to cut tax-credit payments have been upheld, government figures reveal.
Between 14 September and 15 November 2016, 24,219 claimants have had their tax credits reinstated.
HMRC has previously announced the US company, Concentrix, will not have its contract renewed.
On Monday, an official said HMRC had "long established processes in place" to review decisions.
Concentrix has not responded to request for comment.
Concentrix was hired to help cut tax-credit fraud and overpayment, but has been accused in... read more
- 09:51 Chelsea ace Nathaniel Chalobah: John Terry always tells me this
- 09:51 Why Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has been superior to Pep Guardiola
- 09:48 Sexpert reveals only sex tip you will ever need
- 09:47 Biker caught speeding 25mph over the limit on Hedon Road, Hull
- 09:47 The Premier League players who are just one booking away from a...
- 09:46 Berwick store to welcome Santa
- 09:44 Laura's creation becomes MP's Christmas card
- 09:43 Messages of support continue to flood in after heartbreaking news...
- 09:41 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:41 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:41 Chinese view £800m Fylde coast power plant project
- 09:40 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:40 Fairfax unit sells more shares in Bank of Ireland
- 09:40 Speeding up links to new health site
- 09:40 Latest transfer news: Arsenal, Chelsea Manchester United and City...
- 09:39 Verdict expected in hate speech trial of Dutch politician Wilders
- 09:38 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:38 Anti-cyberbullying sensation heads to Burnley
- 09:38 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:38 Tony Pulis names Chelsea stars Diego Costa, Pedro and Eden Hazard...
- 09:37 Northampton fireplace showroom plans to add 130-seat Italian...
- 09:37 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:36 'Please come home, the whole family is missing you': Wife's...
- 09:36 Freeman Street trader had secret stash of 19,000 fake cigarettes...
- 09:35 An invigorating look at dementia
- 09:35 Investigation launched into death of woman in police custody
- 09:35 Drink-driver before the courts again
- 09:34 ‘Justice has been served’ - Louth stabbing victim speaks out after...
- 09:34 Medical director Suneil Kapadia to leave trust which runs Grantham...
- 09:33 Chelsea ace issues advice to Blues pal: Do this and you can go to...