Community safety staff to strike this weekend
ANGRY workers employed by Community Safety Glasgow (CSG) are set to strike for 48 hours this weekend in a dispute over cuts to shift payments.
The CCTV staff, security workers and community payback workers, represented by GMB and Unison, rallied outside Glasgow city chambers yesterday.
They argue that the council arms’ length body is attempting to enforce a lower payment for working anti-social hours than other council employees currently receive.
Unison Glasgow branch secretary Brian Smith said: “CSG are trying to pay their workers less than other workers in Glasgow City Council for... read more
- 12:18 Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri as Napoli coach
- 12:18 Busy road closed after accident
- 12:18 Burglar crashed £120,000 Bentley stolen during raid on Leeds home
- 12:17 SNEAK PEEK: What’s inside this week’s Ripley and Heanor News?
- 12:16 Spread your own poppy seeds in Ashfield for remembrance
- 12:15 Saudi Arabia widens crackdown on women's rights activists
- 12:15 Wakefield games firm raises £217m in stock market floatation
- 12:15 Sports centre demolished - and it will be a two year wait for a new...
- 12:14 Cyclist’s warning after Quainton pothole causes injuries
- 12:14 Mail staff scoops plenty of litter to help Big Clean 2018
- 12:14 Cycling cop arrested man carrying a carrier bag full of knives...
- 12:14 Millom Park Run 75 - 'the day for tumbling personal bests'
- 12:13 Help save the last bank in Sowerby Bridge
- 12:12 Groups given more time in battle to save Northamptonshire libraries
- 12:11 Wakefield games firm raises £217m in stock market floatation
- 12:11 Sports centre demolished - and it will be a two year wait for a new...
- 12:11 Role models inspire pupils at north Cumbrian schools
- 12:11 Stewart Donald confirms he has agreed a deal with new Sunderland...
- 12:11 Cumbrian mum's tribute to missing daughter
- 12:11 Trippet Lane student flats development given green light
- 12:11 Desperate to escape the rain and cold? Then why not give it a Goa!
- 12:11 Heartbreak and heroes on the road to freedom: A trip to Alabama to...
- 12:11 Killer whales, humpbacks and sand lizards: The surprisingly exotic...
- 12:10 'The mindset is that boys are not raped': India ends silence on...
- 12:10 Prestwich semi to become Jewish study centre after new plans waved...
- 12:10 Double joy for PNE youngster Adam O'Reilly
- 12:10 UK calls for special EU deal on data-sharing laws after Brexit
- 12:10 Barrow man to appear in court over alleged curfew breaches
- 12:10 'It's always in the back of my mind': Northamptonshire teenager...
- 12:10 Wigan's M&S shop is safe ... for now