Community pool looks at powering into the future
A water wheel could power a community swimming pool into the future.
The trust that runs Wigton Baths says that utilising hydro power will not only help with keeping costs down, but could also become a much-loved feature of the town’s popular Millenium Walk attraction.
The project is just one of several ambitious ideas the trust has included on a wish list of things they hope to achieve in the future.
A feasibility study has already been carried out into how the pool could use renewable energy.
Of the two hydro power methods looked at, the water wheel was considered the best.
It would be... read more
- 10:46 5 reasons Toronto should be your next city break
- 10:45 Thousands of runners take to the streets for Leicester Marathon
- 10:44 Afghanistan opium production up 43% - UN drugs watchdog
- 10:43 Snorers saved from stroke risk thanks to a heart umbrella: Doctors...
- 10:43 Suzanne Evans announces she will stand for Ukip leadership
- 10:40 Missing mother could be potential murder witness
- 10:39 Hull City woeful in defeat to Stoke City - the player ratings
- 10:39 Police officer killed, 10 people wounded in bomb in east Turkey -...
- 10:39 Shane Sutton: Nothing to hide for Brailsford, Wiggins or British...
- 10:38 Stand-off between man with ‘hazardous items’ and police in Northolt...
- 10:36 Scunthorpe Hospital staff throw stunning ball - pictures
- 10:36 Tai Woffinden secures silver medal in Australia
- 10:36 Scunthorpe United always looked in control against Chesterfield:...
- 10:35 Firefighters tackle blaze at Lake District hotel
- 10:35 Burghley Park Cricket Club needs a new groundsman for 2017 season
- 10:33 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:32 Thousands of tree packs available to Grantham schools and community...
- 10:30 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:28 Jose Mourinho admits 'special one' status dependent on Manchester...
- 10:28 Bus thief jailed after leaving three-mile trail of destruction
- 10:27 PHOTO GALLERY: Day ap-peals to all as hundreds head to Gunby
- 10:24 X Factor host Dermot O'Leary lends support to campaign to find...
- 10:24 Justin Thomas overturns four-shot deficit to successfully defend...
- 10:23 St Mary's Creative Space in Chester unveil next two shows at city...
- 10:23 Cadets chosen to work alongside Lord Lieutenant of Rutland
- 10:23 Reformer Club of the Week: Kihonkai Karate Club
- 10:22 Liverpool University chief says city MUST stay open to...
- 10:19 Tumble dryer caused Eckington blaze
- 10:19 Why you think Derbyshire café Tyme Coffee Lounge was right about...
- 10:18 Second independence referendum unlikely 'any time soon', says...