Community pitches in with birthday bash after disabled teenager’s party is cancelled
A big-hearted community has come together after plans for a disabled teenager’s birthday party fell through.
Gabriel Ingram, who has multiple health problems and special learning needs, had never been well enough on his birthday before to host a party.
The young lad, who has Down’s syndrome, has also battled leukemia, undergone open heart surgery, has chest problems, including having pneumonia twice, and has Atlanto Axial Instability, which is a neck condition making him prone to injury.
The pupil at Hopewood Academy, Easington Colliery, was looking forward to celebrating his 15th birthday... read more
- 06:23 The friend effect: why the secret of health and happiness is...
- 06:22 No food, no water: African migrants recount terrifying Atlantic...
- 06:20 Authors of “Fit at Mid-Life” book urge others to try fit at 50...
- 06:20 Public urged to share their NHS stories for 70th anniversary
- 06:20 Cristiano Ronaldo wishes he was facing Man Utd not Liverpool in...
- 06:18 Chris Marshall: Reaction to special constable in a hijab says a lot
- 06:18 Leader comment: Kirk should sound trumpet over sexism
- 06:18 Leader comment: A dated approach to history
- 06:18 Scots medicial chiefs warn NHS ‘stretched to the limit’ by Brexit
- 06:18 Scots civic leaders launch declaration to prevent Brexit
- 06:18 Edinburgh schools review decision postponed
- 06:14 Government was too slow to spot Carillion's trouble brewing – MPs
- 06:13 Double standards
- 06:13 The vulnerable need more protection
- 06:10 Man Utd star Juan Mata has classy message for Chelsea and fans...
- 06:09 Jack Catterall to cheer on Terry Flanagan ahead of potential world...
- 06:09 Preston boxer Amalie goes for European glory in Bulgaria
- 06:09 Three-year deal is Darnell Fisher’s reward for strong first season...
- 06:08 Study suggests Grammar school students unlikely to do better than...
- 06:05 Professor Brigid Daniel: Teachers are in a class of their own
- 06:05 Better nature – the community trust doing a power of good for locals
- 06:05 Ruth Davidson: Just ignore SNP’s latest indyref talk
- 06:05 Martyn McLaughlin: Don’t believe hype about gigs in your living room
- 06:05 Alistair Carmichael: Passport to visit kitchen? The absurdity of...
- 06:04 12 people reveal the weirdest things they’ve been asked to do in...
- 06:03 Philip Roth obituary
- 06:03 Kettering school to ban use of mobile phones
- 06:03 Let’s help change Kettering boy Elliot’s life
- 06:03 Customers thanked for ongoing support of annual fundraiser by...
- 06:02 Nicola Sturgeon to launch summer independence offensive