Commodities shares lead European equities higher, Burberry slumps
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* STOXX Europe 600 index up 1.2 pct
* Commodities-related stocks in demand
* Burberry slumps after update
By Atul Prakash
LONDON, Oct 18 European shares bounced back on Tuesday, with commodities-related stocks leading the market higher after the prices of major metals and crude oil rose on a softer dollar.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index was up 1.2 percent by 0831 GMT after closing 0.7 percent lower in the previous session. However, the... read more
- 11:00 Three men 'plotted London terror attack involving car bomb driven...
- 11:00 Armed police to patrol Sheffield food festival and Doncaster airport
- 10:58 Stoke City Extra Time: Plenty of unanswered questions over Phil...
- 10:57 Hundreds queue for Radio 1 Big Weekend with security ramped up
- 10:57 Metro services off between Sunderland and Pelaw
- 10:57 Shops evacuated after illegally parked car sparks suspect vehicle...
- 10:56 Armed police to patrol Sheffield food festival and Doncaster airport
- 10:56 Power cuts hit Nottingham homes
- 10:55 Armed police to patrol Sheffield food festival and Doncaster airport
- 10:55 Bishop of Burnley decries 'attack on childhood'
- 10:54 LIVE as Radio 1 Big Weekend causes heavy traffic in Hull and East...
- 10:54 Radio 1 Big Weekend 2017 set times for day one when Katy Perry...
- 10:53 Beware of scammers gaining PC access
- 10:53 10,000 people ask for Lincoln Knights' Trail guide leaflets
- 10:51 British and Irish Lions can win in New Zealand if they go into the...
- 10:51 Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Cup final build-up LIVE: All the news and...
- 10:51 Joe Cole urges Antonio Conte to adopt Sir Alex Ferguson’s blueprint...
- 10:51 Novak Djokovic adds Dominic Thiem and Alexander Zverev to the list...
- 10:50 Wonder Woman director speaks out on claims Gal Gadot movie is ‘a MESS’
- 10:49 Dad stashed drugs under floorboards
- 10:49 Manchester terror attack: Two men arrested for questioning released...
- 10:47 Scunthorpe pharmacy bank holiday opening times
- 10:46 Afghanistan war: At least 13 dead in Khost bombing
- 10:46 ELECTION 2017: Lib Dem manifesto – who is it for exactly?
- 10:46 Arsenal's last FA Cup final clash with Chelsea left me with mixed...
- 10:45 Colourful way to raise cash
- 10:45 Dad survived being blasted in HEART with shrapnel during Manchester...
- 10:45 Eating Out - The Old Bank
- 10:44 Teenage girl sexually assaulted in Newcastle as she walked to metro...
- 10:44 Mother and son confronted by hammer wielding burglars