Commodities-related stocks help European equities to rebound
Oct 18 European shares bounced back early on Tuesday, with commodities-related stocks leading the market higher after prices of major industrial metals and crude oil rose on a softer dollar.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index rose 1.1 percent.
The STOXX Europe 600 Basic Resources index rose 2 percent, the top sector gainer, as copper prices gained after the dollar eased from seven-month highs. Other metals, including gold, also rose as a weaker dollar made commodities cheaper for other currency holders.
The European oil and gas index also advanced 1.4 percent on the currency moves and as some... read more
- 11:53 Thunder and lightning ravage Furness sky
- 11:53 Plea for help after kitten goes missing in Ulverston
- 11:53 Carl Frampton is desperate for Windsor Park clash after defeating...
- 11:48 The fans' panel: PNE 0, Norwich City 0
- 11:45 Kids are going crazy for Smilestones being left across Birmingham
- 11:45 Paul O'Grady devastated after the death of his beloved dog Olga
- 11:45 Stephen Lawrence police racism review ‘needs to be revisited’ 25...
- 11:45 Aston Martin to rename flagship Vanquish sports car
- 11:44 Jose Mourinho faces Manchester United backlash with up to 12...
- 11:43 In pictures: Uttoxeter v Burntwood RUFC
- 11:43 Stamford Civic Society seeks new chairman
- 11:43 Trust will protect Stamford church
- 11:41 Welsh finance minister considering bid to succeed FM Carwyn Jones
- 11:40 How the PNE players rated against Norwich
- 11:40 Arsene Wenger reveals why Shkodran Mustafi has had a poor season...
- 11:30 Hollyoaks star Gary Lucy defends Coronation Street over ‘too dark’...
- 11:29 Union leader faces members' protest over sexual misconduct claims
- 11:28 82-year-old Alzheimer's sufferer who couldn't recognise son gets...
- 11:28 Royal Regiment of Fusiliers staged Freedom parade
- 11:28 Lancaster trio’s bid to help Syrian refugees
- 11:24 Why do they have pacers in the London Marathon?
- 11:24 Michael Owen compares Mohamed Salah’s phenomenal season to other...
- 11:24 Royal Regiment of Fusiliers staged Freedom parade
- 11:23 Mike Myers honours Austin Powers co-star Verne Troyer after actor's...
- 11:18 Summer camp places up for grabs
- 11:16 Dale Winton ‘died of a broken heart’ after split from toyboy lover
- 11:15 Opposition view: Pilgrims boss Adams has no complaints in defeat...
- 11:14 Hunt launched for British father who ‘abducted his twin daughters...
- 11:13 Wife's horror story of how controlling mum-in-law tells her when to...
- 11:12 IPL betting preview: Mumbai Indians set to brush aside struggling...