Commodities-related stocks help European equities to rebound
Oct 18 European shares bounced back early on Tuesday, with commodities-related stocks leading the market higher after prices of major industrial metals and crude oil rose on a softer dollar.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index rose 1.1 percent.
The STOXX Europe 600 Basic Resources index rose 2 percent, the top sector gainer, as copper prices gained after the dollar eased from seven-month highs. Other metals, including gold, also rose as a weaker dollar made commodities cheaper for other currency holders.
The European oil and gas index also advanced 1.4 percent on the currency moves and as some... read more
- 09:15 'Tories will betray pensioners once again': Sturgeon warns...
- 09:14 Jug and Jester in Leamington has closed and its new owner will...
- 09:14 Nigel Clough's fine managerial record against Leeds United boosted...
- 09:14 Plans to build £2m medical research lab in Calderdale
- 09:13 Updated: 18-year-old stabbing victim discharged from hospital
- 09:13 Town centre stabbing victim dies
- 09:13 Paul Merson delivers his prediction for Arsenal v Leicester
- 09:13 No way through! Which of the Premier League’s top seven have the...
- 09:13 Real Madrid happy to sell star to Man Utd or Chelsea because of...
- 09:13 £5m prize fund launched to help de-stress ‘stifled’ SMEs
- 09:13 Waxwork honour for Corrie’s Kym
- 09:12 Attackers said ‘we are so sorry’ then threw acid in lecturer’s face
- 09:12 Tortoise somehow gets stuck in gap between two houses
- 09:11 Holly and Phil stunned as Hollyoaks’ Kieron Richardson reveals he...
- 09:11 Burton and South Derbyshire runners complete the Virgin Money...
- 09:10 Doncaster to remember the fallen with King's Own Yorkshire Light...
- 09:10 Eating aged cheeses like cheddar and brie might help you live longer
- 09:10 Cassini spacecraft snaps a shot of Earth between Saturn's rings in...
- 09:09 HALLEY'S COMET SPECTACLE: Fireballs to light up night sky
- 09:09 HARLEQUIN INVASION: Smelly STD-riddled ladybirds from Asia are COMING
- 09:09 Country & Coast: Garden watch gives meagre mammal count of just ten
- 09:09 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Aberdeen would have folded against Hibs in the past but we are so...
- 09:08 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Stalker is spared from jail after making victim’s life hell
- 09:08 South Shields’ The Word wins four gongs at building awards
- 09:08 Dana White admits he gives Conor McGregor a lot more leeway than...
- 09:08 South Shields ‘run face’ man delighted after marathon effort
- 09:07 Doncaster football legend Kevin Keegan awarded damages after...
- 09:07 Root relishes challenge of aiding Yorkshire’s pursuit of one-day glory