Committee ‘not convinced’ by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS shake-up
0 Have your say A £300m plan to expand Calderdale hospital and down-size the infirmary in Huddersfield has been criticised by a council health watchdog.
A committee of councillors has questioned whether the planned-shake up of hospital services would solve staffing and cash problems.
Calderdale and Huddersfield joint health scrutiny committee issued its report on proposals which include centralising A&E care at Calderdale Royal Hospital.
The most serious A&E emergencies from the two towns would be taken to the expanded hospital in Halifax.
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary would be... read more
- 12:17 Yorkshire set for another blazing Bank Holiday weekend
- 12:17 Grenfell Tower inquiry: what will it achieve?
- 12:16 City councils reveals name of firm that has "serious interest" in...
- 12:16 Final preparations for Cumbrian music festival has lorry in tight spot
- 12:16 Tests begin on world's first retractable football pitch at...
- 12:16 Egremont students surprise schoolmates with The Greatest Showman...
- 12:15 Ulverston begins to sow the seeds of success
- 12:15 Secret funding for Sheffield city centre development
- 12:15 ‘We have aspiration to provide the best care’
- 12:15 Furness to mark Dementia Action Week
- 12:15 Barrow schoolboy living with life-limiting disease celebrates...
- 12:15 OPINION: 'We are all responsible'
- 12:14 Man threatened with knife and robbed of medication and money in...
- 12:14 Nominate your everyday hero for St John Ambulance
- 12:14 Tribute to Sue raises cash for worthy causes
- 12:13 20 of the best photos of royal wedding celebrations in Nuneaton
- 12:13 Which is the best reusable coffee cup?
- 12:13 Leeds set for another Bank Holiday scorcher
- 12:13 Call for volunteers in Lichfield and Burntwood to help out at 2018...
- 12:12 Claire Williams at Aire Studio aims to bring the Lancashire scape...
- 12:12 Burnley fashion designer creates a sensation after making Royal...
- 12:11 Elderly rescue dog thanks vet for helping charity which provides...
- 12:11 Arctic Monkeys and other Sheffield cultural heroes should help with...
- 12:10 How you can watch England's World Cup games at Burton Albion this...
- 12:10 Tests begin on world's first retractable football pitch at...
- 12:08 The Aston Villa promotion winner plotting against them at Wembley
- 12:08 'He rolls his sleeves up and works like a beast' - Aston Villa's...
- 12:08 Let children eat soil says TV gardener Alan Titchmarsh
- 12:08 Mystery of missing Coventry man John Robbins after Tile Hill murder
- 12:08 Bono and Ed Sheeran in Manchester attack concert call