Committee ‘not convinced’ by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS shake-up
0 Have your say A £300m plan to expand Calderdale hospital and down-size the infirmary in Huddersfield has been criticised by a council health watchdog.
A committee of councillors has questioned whether the planned-shake up of hospital services would solve staffing and cash problems.
Calderdale and Huddersfield joint health scrutiny committee issued its report on proposals which include centralising A&E care at Calderdale Royal Hospital.
The most serious A&E emergencies from the two towns would be taken to the expanded hospital in Halifax.
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary would be... read more
- 09:34 Crash causing delays on motorway
- 09:32 Budget for hi-tech Britain: Chancellor vows to put driverless cars...
- 09:32 Facebook admits it was targeted by Russian trolls in run-up to...
- 09:32 They don't make them like they used to! The tumble dryer, boiler,...
- 09:32 New documentary investigates whether mysterious shipwreck which...
- 09:32 'I’ll never use a carrier bag again': Emotional Blue Planet viewers...
- 09:32 Girls' school head warns of rise of the 'screenager': Teacher says...
- 09:32 Alarming rise in number of looked-after children and homeless people
- 09:32 Motorists warned to slow down to stop collisions which can cost lives
- 09:32 The art of science: Stunning photographs reveal the beauty hidden...
- 09:32 Deadly earthquakes could hit a BILLION people next year because of...
- 09:32 Cyber criminals working for enemy states could 'kill millions' by...
- 09:32 Budget: 90 MPs demand action over social care and health service...
- 09:32 Caring School pupils feed 240 through Doncaster foodbank
- 09:32 Long delays on A16 at Kirton after crash
- 09:31 Hall’s ruby anniversary marked by ’60s party
- 09:31 Get the festive spirit!
- 09:29 New sculptures bring a fresh new look to nature reserve
- 09:29 Injury forces Robert to hang up his boots
- 09:27 Parents urgently warned over consequences of alienating children...
- 09:27 BiFab nearly went into administration three times in a week
- 09:25 The Ashes 2017 guide: fixtures, betting odds and how to watch on TV
- 09:23 Appeal for information after assault in Rugby
- 09:23 Former Wimbledon champion Jana Novotna dies aged 49 after a long...
- 09:23 Spire shares hit as takeover talks end
- 09:22 Caring School pupils feed 240 through Doncaster foodbank
- 09:22 Teenage girl approached by stranger in Sheffield street
- 09:22 Felix joins appeal to catch cruel lego thieves
- 09:22 Carl Baker reveals Coventry City missed out on highly-rated India...
- 09:21 'Crazy' pair spotted clinging to bus