Column - Wolds Diary with Sue Woodcock
0 Have your say The weather has still been good this last week, that is to say it hasn’t been cold or miserable.
On such days the dogs and I get out, and we have had some good walks out in the countryside.
The harvests have mainly been taken in, leaving fields with either stubble, lying fallow, or being ploughed.
There is something quite pleasing about a neatly ploughed field.
Everywhere there are bales, round, huge rectangular ones, or small ones, dotted all over fields looking rather like monoliths or stone rings or circles, ready to be taken into barns for feeding stock during the winter... read more
- 08:08 Friends of the X112 horrified after vital funds are sent back to...
- 08:08 Ulverston Post Office closure came "out of the blue" according to...
- 08:08 EXCLUSIVE: Barrow firefighters say 'There has never been a greater...
- 08:08 Thousands missing out on 'grandparents' credit'
- 08:07 A big thank you from National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas for...
- 08:07 New occupant for Edinburgh’s BioQuarter life sciences hub
- 08:06 Why aren’t we buying tampons anymore?
- 08:06 Hurrah for Gin! These gin drawings perfectly capture the struggles...
- 08:06 Chinese New Year: Find out which animal you are and what that means
- 08:06 RPT-Brexit drives push for bigger Frankfurt role in exchange merger
- 08:05 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 08:05 Preston’s Harris in danger of ‘mutilation’ says society
- 08:04 Who are the runners and riders for the top job at Hartlepool United?
- 08:04 Colliery clean-up recruits the community for 10-week project
- 08:04 Police appeal after Hartlepool cyclist injured in hit and run
- 08:04 Nelson and Colne College launch new University Centre
- 08:04 Medication stolen from vehicle
- 08:04 Hartlepool show patience in hunt to find new manager
- 08:04 Sunderland boss hoping for more than one signing
- 08:04 Judges to decide who has priority on a bus - wheelchair users or prams
- 08:04 The morning news headlines: Theresa May faces questioning by MPs...
- 08:03 Pictures from inside Pulse nightclub reveal devastation of worst...
- 08:03 Outsourcer Mitie replaces finance chief as it issues another profit...
- 08:03 Premier Foods lowers year profit forecast after weak third quarter
- 08:01 Chelsea done deal: Player leaks news he's signed Blues contract
- 08:01 Ander Herrera turns up at Juan Mata's house before training… and...
- 08:00 Manchester United star reacts to extending Old Trafford stay
- 08:00 Drink-driver could be sent to jail after breaching suspended sentence
- 07:59 Sheffield residents urged to be vigilant after spate of burglaries
- 07:59 WARNING: South Yorkshire residents targeted in 'Migrant Helpline' scam