COLUMN: Queen’s story is told through her clothes
During the last year, I have been lucky enough to have been present at some of the celebrations held to mark the Queen’s 90th birthday.
At each of the events, the Queen was immaculately turned out, as one would expect from someone who earlier this month was named as one of the best dressed women in the world by the fashion magazine Vanity Fair.
The outfit that sticks out most in my mind is the vivid green dress and coat designed by Stewart Parvin with the matching hat with contrasting bright pink hydrangeas designed by the Queen’s milliner Rachel Trevor Morgan which Her Majesty wore for... read more
- 09:10 Health board snoops punishing staff for being critical of NHS on...
- 09:10 Foodies turn out to Hoghton Farmers’ Market despite bad weather
- 09:10 WARNING - GRAPHIC PICTURES: Derbyshire man suffers horrific burns...
- 09:10 WEATHER: Patchy rain and heavy cloud
- 09:09 BADMINTONscotland ask who will follow Hamilton ace Kirsty Gilmour...
- 09:09 Lanark Amateur Swimming Club take medals and a record from the West...
- 09:09 Hamilton Judo Club youths take nine medals from Kendal Open
- 09:07 Heartbreaking moment dog helps to bury his dead brother after he’s...
- 09:07 ‘Council must be ambitious despite government funding cuts’, says...
- 09:07 Delight as fundraising total in memory of Liam Gough tops £18,500
- 09:06 Rugby league club is soaring with new partnership
- 09:06 Plenty of support for school’s careers fair
- 09:05 Cracking chocolate fundraiser for Coningsby & Tattershall Lions
- 09:05 7 stunning cities you can fly to for less than £100
- 09:05 Fit in 4: The 5-minute Pilates routine that carves your core
- 09:04 Magpie Cafe fish recipe: Hake with garlic and spinach gratin
- 09:03 Fighting for Tony: the Cumbrian fightback starts here
- 09:03 KPMG decides to close down Preston office
- 09:02 Manchester United vs Southampton, EFL Cup final High Court: Which...
- 09:02 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police
- 08:58 The night Foo Fighters played Sheffield Arena
- 08:56 Councillors argue over almost 5% increase in tax bills
- 08:56 Grimsby Town will strive to find the right balance in League Two...
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot says his Mariners have the X-Factor...
- 08:56 Selfless YMCA volunteer took fatal overdose
- 08:54 Troubled Black Country bar fails to sell at auction
- 08:54 'I was that big, I could steer the bus with my belly': Driver John...