COLUMN: Financial help to make life easier
I have an illness or disability which makes it difficult to look after myself. Can I get any financial help?
Many people are entitled to Attendance Allowance but don’t know enough about it to claim. You can make a claim if you are aged 65 years or older and have disability or illness that makes it hard for you to look after yourself.
The weekly amount you get will depend on how much help you need. It’s not ‘means tested’ – so it doesn’t matter what other benefits you get, if you’re still working or how much you have in savings. It won’t affect your state retirement pension either.
You can... read more
- 13:44 Lady Somerleyton loses heirloom pendant in Morrisons supermarket
- 13:44 Sheffield school welcomes new dining experience
- 13:44 Scream star Skeet Ulrich reveals he ‘knew’ about Harvey...
- 13:44 Scott Disick and Sofia Richie appear to shake off critics as...
- 13:43 PICTURES: Five arrested in Leamington drugs raid
- 13:43 Sunderland attack suspect released by police as victims said to be...
- 13:43 Next at Home official opening date is revealed
- 13:42 World champion boxer Anthony Joshua hides signed can of Lynx in...
- 13:42 Accident on M6 in Lancashire fifth worst for queues and delays
- 13:42 Take a look at the amazing images competing for Wildlife...
- 13:41 Could pole dancing become an Olympic event?
- 13:41 Donald Trump's net worth plummets after becoming US president
- 13:41 Sheffield school welcomes new dining experience
- 13:41 Wizz Air applies for UK licence ahead of Brexit
- 13:41 Sneaky pool players pocket money from Doncaster boozer during game
- 13:40 A Christmas Prosecco festival is coming to London this December
- 13:40 It’s not up to you to decide how able-bodied my invisible illness...
- 13:39 Seal pup 'blown over rocks' and onto beach during Storm Ophelia...
- 13:39 Robbers used knife and screwdriver in raids in Sheffield
- 13:39 Barcelona news: Southampton and Lille join hunt for Paco Alcacer
- 13:38 VIDEO: The night The Who fed war protesters in Lancaster - and...
- 13:38 Kevin De Bruyne in no rush to agree new Manchester City deal
- 13:37 Airline passengers not impressed by cabin crew holding a bizarre...
- 13:37 Terrifying footage shows a hiker in Iceland with no safety...
- 13:36 The man with a PhD in THREESOMES: British sociologist reveals how...
- 13:37 Eighties Echoes in Sheffield with Nick Heyward
- 13:37 English Open prize money: How much could snooker stars earn?
- 13:36 Online shoppers could soon need a TEXT to buy goods: UK government...
- 13:36 Neighbours spoilers: Shock death CONFIRMED in chilling new trailer
- 13:36 Riverdale season 2: Boss reveals more deaths to come in episode 2 -...