Colombian drug trafficker 'Valenciano' gets 20 years in U.S. prison
A Colombian drug trafficker who the U.S. government says was the ringleader of an extensive network that shipped thousands of kilograms of cocaine to the United States was sentenced on Wednesday to 20 years in prison.
Maximiliano Bonilla-Orozco, also known as "Valenciano," was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Sandra Townes in Brooklyn, nearly five years after he was captured in Venezuela, prosecutors said.
A lawyer Bonilla-Orozco did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
According to U.S. authorities, Bonilla-Orozco, 44, led an extensive narcotics exportation and... read more
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs
- 12:37 Thames Valley Police Constable who feigned injury quits
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:37 Two taken to hospital after car flipped over near Old Red Lion in...
- 12:37 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:37 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:36 Observatory marks milestone with the launch of a new facility
- 12:35 Police want to trace this man in connection with meat thefts
- 12:35 How will the Spireites’ relegation from the Football affect...
- 12:35 Coronation Street spoilers: Alison King and Kym Marsh film mystery...
- 12:34 Dogs are taking over the anti-Brexit campaign with Wooferendum posters
- 12:33 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity
- 12:33 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 UK retail sales continue to disappoint in April
- 12:31 Film festival returns to The Dukes in Lancaster
- 12:31 Indian dancing session at Halton Mill
- 12:30 Celebrations as £2m campaign completed
- 12:30 'Alcohol' pilots cleared after evidence blunder
- 12:30 Durham clash is now crucial for the County
- 12:29 Do you know how to look after your bra properly? When to wash and...
- 12:29 Swaziland has a new name - eSwatini - but what else has changed?
- 12:29 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales