Colombia REJECTS historic peace deal with communist rebels to end 52-year conflict
The South American nation has been plunged into uncertainty after the momentous vote to strike a deal with Marxist group Farc.
President Juan Manuel Santos had hoped to end the 52-year war after four years of negotiations with Farc leader Timoleon Jimenez.
The ongoing war has so far killed 260,000 people but 50.24 per cent of voters opted against the deal.
Santos, 53, previously claimed there is no plan B to end the war despite rebels agreeing to lay down their weapons and join the political process.
Opinion polls had showed Santos would comfortably but the "no" camp triumphed... read more
- 07:49 The taste of Spain that's hard 'tapas' up all at a leisurely...
- 07:49 Do any of the Grimsby area's clocks work?
- 07:48 Firebugs set light to car at side of road
- 07:47 Cow burps rather than farts are destroying the earth’s atmosphere
- 07:47 New-look Costcutter store opens in Kirton
- 07:46 These 14 facts about Shropshire will simply amaze you
- 07:46 England man Eric Dier: Age is just a number, we need trophies
- 07:43 Sheffield murder probe: everything we know so far
- 07:43 Pedestrian taken to hospital with leg injury after 'hit-and-run'...
- 07:42 Meet Pictish art enthusiast Marianna Lines
- 07:42 Cumbrian mum's terror as she faced Westminster terrorist
- 07:41 On This Day: Why speeding ticket was bill-a-wrong, Wembley fever &...
- 07:41 Grace to lose long locks for charity
- 07:41 11 of the cheapest properties for sale in North Lincolnshire
- 07:41 Scunthorpe man sentenced for assault by beating
- 07:41 Lorries too large for this road are 'putting lives in danger'
- 07:41 North Lincolnshire first place in UK to host Eurotrials
- 07:41 When will the clocks change in 2017? Here's what you need to know
- 07:41 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 07:38 Man accused of damaging 4X4
- 07:37 VIDEO: Just Alfie launches DT Lunchtime Live
- 07:37 Northants ace Crook in top condition ahead of new campaign
- 07:31 Russell Howard: Why I am always worried about outstaying my welcome
- 07:29 'Knowing I'm doing it for Sam gives me reason to get up in the...
- 07:29 Were you caught on camera at the Winter Gardens in 2000/2001?
- 07:29 Watching England play 'was a breath of fresh air' - Grimsby Town...
- 07:29 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot wants to get back 'that winning...
- 07:29 Dog walker attacked with hammer after being asked for a cigarette
- 07:29 Devastating blow for brave battler Sam as family launch bucket list...
- 07:27 Huddersfield nostalgia: Spring snapshots