Colombia referendum: Voters reject Farc peace deal
Voters in a referendum in Colombia have rejected a landmark peace deal with Farc rebels in a shock referendum result, with 50.24% voting against it.
The deal was signed last week by President Juan Manuel Santos and Farc leader Timoleon Jimenez after nearly four years of negotiations.
But it needed to be ratified by Colombians in order to come into force.
Farc rebels agreed to lay down their weapons after 52 years of conflict in order to join the political process.
President Santos has previously warned that there is no plan B for ending the war, which has killed 260,000 people.
- 14:10 The Dunhill tuxedo: Charm assured
- 14:10 WANTED: Landlords for two Chesterfield pubs
- 14:08 Take a look around Nottingham's new Mimi Artisan Bakery with its...
- 14:08 Record-breaking Dutch pop and jazz Caro Emerald is coming to...
- 14:08 Burger King on Castle Boulevard to close less than a year after...
- 14:08 Missing 16-year-old not seen since Easter
- 14:08 Pupils swap desks for the factory floor
- 14:08 Five-a-side firms Goals and Powerleague in merger talks
- 14:08 100 days of Donald Trump: Behind the hype and headlines
- 14:08 Uber's CEO surrendered in showdown with Apple's Tim Cook after...
- 14:08 Sick perverts are creating fake Harry Styles and Justin Bieber...
- 14:06 Albania opposition blocks roads, wants technocrat government
- 14:06 Two taken to hospital with serious injuries after Worksop collision
- 14:06 23 pieces of advice to help first-time fathers survive labour
- 14:06 Bingo! Doncaster couple raise cash for hospice
- 14:06 Birmingham City: Matthew Upson on Gianfranco Zola and scrapping for...
- 14:06 It’s National Stop Snoring Week: What causes snoring and how can it...
- 14:06 Birmingham City fans pay tribute to Aston Villa's Ugo Ehiogu during...
- 14:05 The science behind why we can't stop eating kebabs
- 14:05 Part of M6 motorway in Cumbria blocked after HGV crash
- 14:04 Shadow Brexit Secretary to speak at Burnley's May Day Festival
- 14:04 Conor McGregor still hopeful of fighting Floyd Mayweather in September
- 14:04 Britons buy fewer houses in Spain after Brexit vote - study
- 14:04 YP Letters: Our national broadcasters should adopt ‘Brexit-free days’
- 14:04 YP Letters: Try walking back to a happier, healthier life
- 14:03 Lancashire recommends... Shopping experiences
- 14:02 Manchester United fans will love Michael Keane's reported answer to...
- 14:02 Ex-Liverpool FC defender Mamadou Sakho plays down celebration of...
- 14:02 Hundreds of scouts march through streets in St George’s Day parade
- 14:01 Chester's most patriotic publican misses St George's Day celebrations