Colombia plane crash: Disaster being blamed on jet running out of fuel
And last night the flying licence of LaMia, the Bolivia-based airline, was suspended.
Seventy-one died when the plane taking Chapecoense players to a South American football final crashed on approach to Medellin, Colombia, on Monday.
Aviation chief Alfredo Bocanegra said: "We can affirm the aircraft didn't have fuel at the moment of impact."
Officials also revealed co-pilot Sisy Arias, 29, was on her first trip as flight deputy.
Just before take-off, Sisy, who also works as a model, told of her pride at taking the football team.
She said: "One of the things that is very... read more
- 12:12 Train delays in Lincoln, Grantham and Skegness after power cut
- 12:12 Charities join together to win the public's support
- 12:12 Top boxers aid Blackpool man’s specialist underpants firm
- 12:12 Awards success for VetPlus
- 12:12 Barry Meyers to rejoin JPMorgan after almost two years at Barclays
- 12:11 Have your say: Harrogate planning fees to rise in reform of system
- 12:11 Are Dave King and Rangers finally moving in the right direction? -...
- 12:11 Have your say on plans to replace historic Hartlepool statue
- 12:10 Loro Piana: A rare kind of luxury
- 12:10 Man receives postcard in the mail 40 years after it was sent
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 12:08 Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
- 12:08 Swifts to fly high with council help
- 12:08 Meet Lois’s new running partner that has helped her train for a...
- 12:08 Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips unveiled as first star ambassador...
- 12:08 Coronation Street Insider: Sinead suffers heartbreaking miscarriage
- 12:08 Driver who sped through Antwerp shoppers faces terrorism charges
- 12:07 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 12:07 Bourne woman seriously injured in A15 crash
- 12:06 Europe's financial lifeline from London in doubt
- 12:06 Police search London terrorist attacker’s mum’s house
- 12:06 MPs may face new rules on second jobs
- 12:06 Fishergate bollard sent flying AGAIN
- 12:06 Man impaled through chest in horrific car crash
- 12:06 Falcon wing inspires jets of the future
- 12:06 Profits increase at livestock group
- 12:05 'What you need at that time is what you’re worth': the daily battle...