Colombia peace boost as Uribe opens door to Farc talks
Colombia's ex-president Alvaro Uribe, who led the successful campaign to reject a peace accord with Farc rebels, says he may now be open to talks.
Mr Uribe, leader of the right-wing Democratic Center party, had previously ruled out such talks.
But after a referendum rejected the peace accord between the rebels and the government, he said his group might now take part in the "national interest".
The deal was four years in the making and its rejection was a shock.
It failed to pass by a narrow margin in the popular vote on 2 October.
Opponents of the accord to end 52 years of... read more
- 05:12 Burnley boss Sean Dyche discusses new nickname: This is how I am...
- 05:08 Turkey blocks access to Wikipedia
- 05:08 Twitter partners with Bloomberg for streaming TV news
- 05:08 Arrow Energy wins Australian gas pipeline license, but plan on hold
- 05:04 Police officer leapt out of the way of drunk driver who ignored...
- 05:04 Martial arts champ from Lincoln-based Hollywood self-defence school...
- 05:03 'I will NOT be happy' Trump warns US will respond if North Korea...
- 05:03 UFC News: McGregor vs Mayweather delay, Rogan on Rousey, St-Pierre...
- 05:03 Chelsea legend Frank Lampard: Eden Hazard has told me this about...
- 04:53 U.S. to probe Japanese, German automakers over alleged patent...
- 04:50 Conor McGregor's coach always knew 'The Notorious' would be a world...
- 04:48 Selena Gomez defends 13 Reasons Why following backlash: ‘It’s not...
- 04:34 Manchester United to sign Real Madrid star James Rodriguez in David...
- 04:18 US budget: Funding deal reached to avert shutdown
- 04:17 Labour pledges 'tougher' standards for rented houses
- 04:06 Twitter partners with Bloomberg for streaming TV news
- 04:04 Soldiers kill seven suspected gang members in northern Mexico gunfight
- 03:37 BREAKING: 'Seven people shot' as 'suspect taken down by armed...
- 03:33 Mild winter leading to record numbers of clothes moths
- 03:33 Police name 61-year-old man shot dead at house in Dorset
- 03:26 Oil prices inch down as oversupply concerns fester
- 03:26 Nikkei edges up, high-tech shares jump on earnings
- 03:19 France kills more than 20 militants on Mali, Burkina border
- 03:09 Greater Manchester mayor could change 'insane' bus system
- 02:57 Bob Brodie Trophy: McGonigle passes the 50 goals mark
- 02:49 Macron PLUMMETS in the polls as Marine Le Pen enjoys boost a WEEK...
- 02:49 'We miss him terribly' - Widow's heartbreak after losing Sheffield...
- 02:25 Ian Martin: Five million reasons we need an assembly
- 02:25 Vivienne Francis: Everyone has a role to play in dementia battle
- 02:25 Jayne Dowle: At last there is a chance to do politics differently