College ramps up security after student stabbed in broad daylight
A city college where a student was stabbed in broad daylight has revealed it is ramping up security.
The 18-year-old was knifed outside the entrance to Bournville College, off Longbridge Lane, around 2.50pm on Wednesday.
The victim was taken to hospital and is recovering from his injuries which are described as non-life threatening.
The college was open as usual the next day. Police said no arrests had yet been made and enquiries are on-going.
Read More Six stabbings in just six weeks leaves two dead
The principal of Bournville College, Mike Hopkins, said for the first time since the... read more
- 08:13 Freak accident forces Cumbrian couple to postpone epic China trip
- 08:13 Pics: Man United ace sparks chaotic airport scenes ahead of...
- 08:13 Deal making in rude health despite fears over economy
- 08:12 RNLI urges coast users to be safe after lifeboats called out 1,000...
- 08:12 ARTICLE 50: Once the UK leaves the EU, is there any way back in?
- 08:11 Theresa May has signed Article 50 letter – here’s what happens next
- 08:11 Mum's warning after baby's reaction to children's Nurofen which...
- 08:10 Theresa May tells country to unite as UK’s EU exit is signed
- 08:10 Suspension for Shrpshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:10 Banks try to calm staff nerves with staggered Brexit shift
- 08:10 Shropshire's hospitals miss 18-week target
- 08:09 Toshiba's Westinghouse 'files for US bankruptcy'
- 08:09 Taxi passengers facing higher fares to Newcastle Airport due to...
- 08:09 New business is fresh start for painter Phil
- 08:09 Top Army band sign up for Prescot Festival
- 08:08 Two Birmingham men still in custody over Westminster terror attack
- 08:07 Embrace the fear: 15 signs it’s time to quit your job
- 08:07 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:06 Johnston Press flags improvement amid tough market
- 08:03 Nepal asks climbers to clean quake-littered Everest camp
- 08:03 Pensioner at centre of care home dog row could be moving to Cumbria
- 08:03 Court shows mercy for bereaved homeless man after fracas
- 08:03 A612 delays after crash between a car and van
- 08:03 Violet Youens: Man charged over four-year-old's death
- 08:02 Canine capers in the Lake District with new BBC series
- 08:03 Royal Marine Alexander Blackman expresses 'relief' at sentence cut
- 08:03 Flybe cuts capacity and costs due to weak demand, pricing pressure
- 08:03 London attack: Thames women's family overwhelmed by 'love and support'
- 08:02 Cumbria MPs speak out over implications of triggering Article 50
- 08:02 'Bogus' plans for farm rejected by town council