College boss wants to help North Wales economy to grow
Dafydd Evans dreamt of playing for Wales but ended up in accountancy before a hugely successful career in further education.
Last month he became chief executive of Grwp Llandrillo Menai, which employs 2,000 staff and delivers courses to around 30,000 students.
In the coming years the group faces challenges due to squeezed education budgets but Dafydd is also relishing the opportunity to play a key part in helping the region’s economy to thrive.
He said: “I honestly believe that FE, as the primary skills provider in any area, is a central cog in any economy.”
Read More Coleg Menai help... read more
- 08:05 Matthew Bates accepts Hartlepool United will have to box clever in...
- 08:05 Seven ways to manage anxiety
- 08:05 Chinese restaurant syndrome: has MSG been unfairly demonised?
- 08:05 I feel too unattractive to have the sex life I dream about
- 08:03 Gang of youths attack two people in Barrow street
- 08:03 Ryanair reports soaring profits but warns of headwinds
- 08:02 Retired guide dog is ticking off everything on his bucket list...
- 07:57 Ebola outbreak: Experimental vaccinations to begin in DR Congo
- 07:57 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:55 Just a week until Rothwell’s Proclamation Day
- 07:55 Chelsea’s rebuild: Hazard and Courtois to follow Conte out of the...
- 07:53 Vehicles must now pass tougher and updated MOT
- 07:53 Second day of travel chaos as four million trains rescheduled
- 07:52 ‘Shocked’ Blackpool nan finds pony in backyard
- 07:49 Super gonorrhea is infecting people worldwide and ‘could...
- 07:49 Man Utd star Phil Jones ‘needs a doctor’: Star slammed for display...
- 07:47 Premier Inn work to start this summer
- 07:46 Cast of the Customs House show Mt Uncle Freddie visit Beamish for...
- 07:43 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:43 Work starts on £7.5million specialist dementia care home
- 07:41 Billboard Awards 2018: Ed Sheeran wins big and Avicii tributes
- 07:41 Help is out there for Sunderland dementia sufferers thanks to new...
- 07:40 Inga Maria Hauser murder: Two men arrested in Loughguile
- 07:40 Under-threat community hub raises nearly £30,000 in a month
- 07:40 A shot in the dark
- 07:40 Alarm at how services run increases yearly
- 07:40 Fire ravaged Ovenden Hotel to be demolished for housing development
- 07:40 Change of name
- 07:40 Ever seen a badger pole dance? We have
- 07:40 Car stolen from Sheffield after seller advertised it on Facebook