Cold snap: Women’s winter clothes cost three times as much than their summer wardrobe
For the latest research shows that a woman's winter wardrobe is likely to cost three times more than clothing bought in any other season.
Research from online and high street fashion brand Simply Be reveals that the colder months are the most expensive time of year for women as they splash out on average £341 on clothes and "investment" items such as warm coats, thicker lined macs, boots and wool and cashmere garments.
In contrast UK women only spend on average £119 on new clothes for their summer wardrobe, a mere £105 in spring and just £79 in the autumn, according to a poll... read more
- 06:18 'The EU will END' Terrified European chief fears Marine Le Pen...
- 06:15 Former Manchester United FC star criticises FOUR current players
- 06:15 Lancashire Police failing stress test
- 06:12 Thousands of tiny plastic 'nurdles' washed up on Hartlepool beach
- 06:12 Top sponsors for Sunderland students event
- 06:12 Camera helps catch Wearside flytipper
- 06:12 Sunderland paedophile snared by Dark Justice
- 06:11 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 06:11 Anthony Martial: Why my form was better under Louis van Gaal than...
- 06:10 Plans go in for Sikh temple in Kettering
- 06:10 Independent coffee chain set for expansion with new branches in...
- 06:10 Corby teacher named in top 10 in the world
- 06:10 Teen’s death leaves village in shock
- 06:10 Section of A61 in Chesterfield shut for hours due to 'incident'
- 06:08 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 06:08 Vandals cause bus disruption across city
- 06:08 Cycle track arrest of most wanted Morecambe man
- 06:08 Philippine minister doubtful of China row resolution 'during our...
- 06:07 Nurse who slept on duty is suspended
- 06:08 German Social Democrats still hard on heels of Merkel's...
- 06:07 Lancashire Police failing stress test
- 06:07 Woman threatened to 'petrol bomb' social services department in...
- 06:07 Blackpool: From the courts 22-02-17
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Gisela Stuart, Edgbaston
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Richard Burden, Northfield
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Liam Byrne, Hodge Hill
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Andrew Mitchell, Sutton Coldfield
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Jess Phillips, Yardley
- 06:02 City name their price for Hart transplant
- 06:02 Magpies star Whitham hailed after joining the 300 club