Coffee really CAN help to prevent dementia: Just two cups a day 'cuts the risk of developing it by 36 per cent'
It's tasty, warm and gives you a much needed energy boost - just about everybody loves a cup of coffee.
But now scientists claim the hot drink is more than just an enjoyable treat, it can actually help to prevent the onslaught of dementia.
Women over the age of 65 who had a normal caffeine intake were 36 per cent less likely to develop a cognitive impairment, a study found.
However, experts haven't quite put their finger on why just two cups of coffee a day can help to prevent dementia.
Researchers, from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, assessed 6,467 women over the age of 65 and... read more
- 15:33 Bomb squad called to Duffield street after discovery of 'WW2...
- 15:32 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:31 Youngstars: Ella Jackson recognised for her golfing talent by...
- 15:32 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:31 Youngstars: High Tunstall U13s make last 16 of the national ESFA...
- 15:31 Youngstars: Hartlepool’s Table tennis star Joe Cope scoops gold for...
- 15:31 Hartlepool United- Aldershot Town: Jake Cassidy starts for Pools
- 15:31 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:31 Manchester United U23s 1-1 Man City EDS highlights as James Wilson...
- 15:31 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:30 How the meticulous work of Celtic scout David Moss and the x-factor...
- 15:29 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:28 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:28 Chris Tarrant: 'I had the worst holiday at THIS popular destination'
- 15:28 You will be upgraded on all flights if you have this specific kind...
- 15:27 Free hedge-laying course in the Countess of Chester Country Park
- 15:27 Lost explorer Benedict Allen ‘never gave up’ on seeing his...
- 15:26 Arsene Wenger explains why it could be impossible for Arsenal to...
- 15:25 Lessons about shared history
- 15:25 John Terry shows his commitment to Aston Villa - even when he is...
- 15:25 Semi professional footballer tried to rob taxi driver at knifepoint
- 15:24 'Serious' fire alarm fault fixed as Blackpool school set to reopen
- 15:24 Details announced for Christmas lights switch-on celebration
- 15:24 The Yorkshire Post says: What Yorkshire needs from the Budget
- 15:24 Firms launch new calendar to boost LIVES
- 15:22 Man arrested after man 'shot in the back' in alleged murder bid
- 15:22 The Resistance Now: activists plan to protest the Republican tax bill
- 15:21 WEEKEND WEB: Christmas fun planned at Jerry Green
- 15:21 S&M shows and an 'anything goes policy': Inside the secret...
- 15:20 Sheffield accountancy firm office set to close