Coffee giant set to open on retail park
A coffee giant looks set to open its doors in a city retail park after plans were given the green light.
Costa looks to be in line to become the next addition to the Queens Retail Park in the city’s Horrocks Quarter, after detailed plans for the new unit were approved by Town Hall bosses.
Community leaders say the introduction of the new drive-through helps show that Preston is “on the up”.
Town centre councillor Drew Gale said: “I’m all in favour of it.
“I think it will add a cosmopolitan feel to an already expanding and growing area.
“It’s yet more evidence that Preston and the city... read more
- 00:18 New Stranraer manager Stevie Farrell eyes dream double as he begins...
- 00:18 Friends reunited? Queen of the South midfielder Joe Thomson admits...
- 00:18 How we built India's biggest robot company
- 00:18 Why Bill Clinton helped a 33-year-old build a $1bn firm
- 00:18 The Crusader: Caterer stuck with two phone bills after smartphone...
- 00:18 City news: House prices, Noble Foods and BT
- 00:18 Share Hunter: Ladbrokes Coral prove it’s better together
- 00:15 John Sheridan apologises for shocking rant in which former Notts...
- 00:15 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits the need for new signings...
- 00:14 Search for company to design, build and maintain trains for HS2...
- 00:14 Teenager remanded in custody over Leonne murder
- 00:14 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce blasts striker: I won't have anarchy
- 00:14 Newcastle star is making a mockery of Mike Ashley's transfer policy
- 00:14 Chris Ashton reveals reasons for quitting Saracens for Toulon
- 00:14 Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Joe Perry to win seventh Masters title
- 00:11 Young consumers 'expect better service'
- 00:10 Frying and roasting in cancer link
- 00:09 Poet calls for ‘proud nation’ ahead of Scotsman bicentenary
- 00:09 ScotRail boss denies exit is linked to poor performance
- 00:09 Leader comment: Row over nuclear missile is more heat than light
- 00:09 Police: Human trafficking cases ‘could rise’ with new laws
- 00:09 Agency nurses paid £1500 for shifts at Scottish hospitals
- 00:09 Livingston is Scotland’s top performer in house price growth
- 00:09 Labour to reject SNP Budget as pressure builds on MacKay
- 00:09 SNP to reject Commons vote on Brexit as Indyref2 clock ticks
- 00:09 Theresa May faces calls to come clean on failed Trident test
- 00:07 Justice catches up with Leeds rapist who preyed on women as they slept
- 00:06 Great snaps from YFoto members
- 00:04 The Gambia 'missing millions' after Jammeh flies into exile
- 00:04 Arsene Wenger deserves this punishment for dismissal against...