Cody-Anne Jackson refuses to explain how or why she murdered two-year-old daughter Macey Hogan
The family of murdered two-year-old Macey Hogan may never know how she died.
The tot's mother Cody-Anne Jackson has refused to give any explanation of how or why she killed her daughter, despite belatedly pleading guilty to her murder.
The 20-year-old was yesterday sentenced to life in prison, with a minimum term of 16 years and 114 days, at Stafford Crown Court.
She initially claimed Macey's death was accidental and denied murder, but changed her plea to guilty on July 11 - the fifth day of her trial.
Read more: WATCH: Detective: 'Murder of two-year-old Macey was cold and calculated'
The... read more
- 06:23 £3m rent arrears fears in South Tyneside
- 06:23 Councillors set for a battle against boundary changes
- 06:23 South Shields MP calls for rethink on Universal Credit roll-out
- 06:22 Guest column: The poor will suffer most if we don’t get a Brexit deal
- 06:21 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:21 Aston Villa news digest: Academy graduate back to prove a point;...
- 06:21 West Brom digest; Goalkeeper worries; Arsenal and Man United games...
- 06:21 Birmingham City news digest: Cotterill's emotional bond; injury...
- 06:21 The cost of dropping rubbish in Blackpool reaches £48k
- 06:21 Leeds police chase crash driver jailed
- 06:20 Barcelona news: Kylian Mbappe deal was DONE… but they chose Ousmane...
- 06:19 Devastated family want to prevent other young deaths
- 06:19 Rattling good fun heading to Hartlepool at prestige model rail show
- 06:19 Residents welcome new patio garden at Hartlepool retirement village
- 06:19 Tees Valley caution over recruiting more workers
- 06:19 Craig Harrison offers Hartlepool United injury update on Liam...
- 06:19 Hartlepool MP tells Parliament benefit reform is leaving people...
- 06:19 ‘Bin raiding’ incidents raise concern about identity theft risk in...
- 06:19 Thug jailed for assaulting girlfriend and her neighbour
- 06:19 Fans and club honour player
- 06:18 Extra cash donated to fund more CCTV
- 06:18 Upskilling the young for sustainable future
- 06:18 Olivier Giroud admits he got lucky with his wonder goal in...
- 06:18 Well-respected saddler Les continued fine family name
- 06:17 Banbury kitchen and bathroom firm launches new showroom
- 06:16 Pupil’s pink fundraiser tops £1,000 for Wellingborough breast...
- 06:16 Robberies rise by a shocking 43 per cent in Northamptonshire -...
- 06:16 EXCLUSIVE: Auditors given green light to resume second Sixfields...
- 06:16 Northampton A&E swamped by over 400 patients in 'busiest day ever'
- 06:16 ‘Impossible’ to fix roads due to cuts, say transport experts