Coal: after the $100 per tonne boom, how long until the bust?
As Australian thermal coal prices hit $100 per tonne on Tuesday for the first time since 2012, the fuel's rally is now among the commodity's top-three bull-runs on record.
The bull-run rivals the 2011 Fukushima nuclear meltown and Australian mining flood spike, and the 2008/09 financial boom and bust.
With Australian Newcastle spot cargo prices for November, up almost 100 percent since June to $100 per tonne, their highest since 2012, traders and analysts say a bust is inevitable.
"Of course it's not going to last. Rising prices are encouraging Chinese miners to raise output and the... read more
- 15:30 Stand down – Ed Sheeran isn’t married despite wearing ‘wedding ring’
- 15:30 ‘When I think about him touching me, my flesh crawls’ Worksop man...
- 15:30 Welcome to Halifax: 'The Shoreditch of the North'
- 15:30 Mansfield man’s “terrifying” attack on ex-partner
- 15:29 Mansfield man’s “terrifying” attack on ex-partner
- 15:29 Agent admits Manchester United target Jorginho could leave Napoli
- 15:29 Victor Lindelof 'wants reassurances from Jose Mourinho over his...
- 15:29 Derbyshire man charged with the robbery of a 12-year-old girl
- 15:28 RAF Tornado's night flight pictured over Leeds
- 15:28 MPs endorse Labour council candidate who claimed ISIS doesn't exist
- 15:28 Travellers finally move on from Ellesmere Port Sports Village car park
- 15:25 RAF Tornado's night flight pictured over Leeds
- 15:25 Jeremy Wright MP urging Home Office to change mind on cannabis...
- 15:24 Five ways your local pharmacy can help your child 'stay well'
- 15:24 Derbyshire man charged with the robbery of a 12-year-old girl
- 15:24 Whitehaven Town Council to debate extreme protection measures
- 15:23 Lost Broadway songs make the stage at last
- 15:23 New driver jailed after crash caused death of two women from Spalding
- 15:22 Woman dies after nine-hour ambulance wait
- 15:22 Rail commuter who lost legs in fall has £1.9m claim rejected
- 15:22 What is the Windsor hum and is it really US Steel’s fault?
- 15:22 Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone images leaked by MWC app
- 15:21 M62 Ainley Top shooting trial delayed by seven more months
- 15:21 In pictures: 140 years of Sheffield’s Salvation Army
- 15:21 Man fined £3,000 for having branches cut off a tree in Loughborough
- 15:19 Derbyshire man charged with the robbery of a 12-year-old girl
- 15:18 Real Madrid star Toni Kroos wants to join Manchester United with...
- 15:18 Winter Olympics 2018: Do Olympians get paid for winning medals? How...
- 15:18 Roger Federer’s father makes shock claim about Rafael Nadal as...
- 15:18 Scotland vs England: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and Six...