Clubs criticised for failing disabled supporters
Premier League clubs were slammed yesterday for failing to act quickly enough to improve facilities for disabled fans and aiming only for minimum legal requirements.
Speaking to MPs on the culture, media and sport committee, the Equalities and Human Rights Commission’s (EHRC) Lord Holmes described the clubs’ attitude to disabled access as “defensive” and contrasted it with a more “collaborative, open and honest” approach from other sports.
The EHRC’s disability commissioner said: “There hasn’t been an inclusive culture within the Premier League.
“Inclusion is not just about bare compliance... read more
- 08:50 Man taken to hospital after Banff house fire
- 08:49 Twerking businessmen ads top complaints list
- 08:49 There is no way Donald can Trump this: Watch Barack Obama's top...
- 08:49 Tesco recalls popular curry brand after discovery of deadly cashew
- 08:48 Brandon takes on important role at Sea Cadets
- 08:47 Manchester United receive Antoine Griezmann transfer boost
- 08:45 Donald Trump firm’s golf bid sparks conflict of interest fear
- 08:45 Louth's St James' Church closed following asbestos discovery
- 08:45 Road closure remains in place as Liverpool gas leak probe continues
- 08:45 Wigan hotel is removed from asylum list
- 08:45 Ambulance service order to improve by inspectors
- 08:43 Manchester United overtake Real Madrid in Deloitte’s Money League...
- 08:42 Bitcoin exchange BTCC says operating normally, no official word...
- 08:42 Novak Djokovic crashes out of the Australian Open after losing...
- 08:42 Where do your Premier League club's earnings come from?
- 08:41 People’s Choice Awards 2017: Blake Lively BEATS Meryl Streep in...
- 08:41 Design firm opens Glasgow base on back of Scottish wins
- 08:41 'OMG just got pulled over again': Student's mysterious last text to...
- 08:41 Abruzzo avalanche hotel: 30 feared dead after Italian spa resort...
- 08:41 Best and worst energy firms revealed: Ovo tops table for customer...
- 08:41 'We're open for business!' PM bangs the drum for post-Brexit...
- 08:40 Ambulance service order to improve by inspectors
- 08:38 Tyron Woodley: UFC missed a big opportunity with Nick Diaz at UFC 209
- 08:38 Slow rush hour into Lincoln, traffic queueing
- 08:38 Is this the most bizarre parking row you’ll ever see?
- 08:38 Big gay party thrown outside new VP’s house to protest his stance...
- 08:38 Delays on M61 Southbound after accident
- 08:38 Zodiac Aerospace rockets after Safran bid, boosts European shares
- 08:37 Hundreds welcome Britain’s Got Talent stars
- 08:37 Ambulance service order to improve by inspectors