Clinton expected to hit Wells Fargo in speech on 'bad corporate actors'
U.S. presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Monday will unveil a plan to make it easier for consumers to take legal action against “bad corporate actors,” citing Wells Fargo & Co and Mylan Pharmaceuticals, according to a campaign official.
While campaigning in Ohio, the Democratic nominee will explain how she would, if elected on Nov. 8, curb the prevalence of contractual clauses that require consumers, employees and other individuals to resolve legal disputes in private arbitration proceedings instead of in courts, her campaign said.
Mandatory arbitration clauses sometimes require... read more
- 10:55 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- 10:55 SNEAK PEEK: What’s in this week’s Derbyshire Times...?
- 10:55 Manchester United to pay Antoine Griezmann £216,000-a-week - report
- 10:55 Iraqi sheep, locals, environment suffer Islamic State oil fires
- 10:55 France's Macron to field candidates in all parliamentary...
- 10:55 May start for Peppermint Junction improvement work in Holbeach
- 10:55 An Edinburgh home that’s an oasis of tranquillity
- 10:54 Great news for Malt Kiln Farm Shop fans
- 10:54 Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola speaks out on Diego Costa crisis
- 10:53 Black cab and LandRover involved in dock road crash
- 10:52 Doncaster's Vulcan bomber to be put in storage, closed to public...
- 10:52 Overweight Nottinghamshire is becoming diabetic
- 10:52 Liverpool reject bid from Premier League rivals: This is why
- 10:51 Police operation to catch out shops serving alcohol to children in...
- 10:51 Transfer News LIVE: Arsenal done deal, Jesus joins Man City, Man...
- 10:50 Meet the mum who turned tragedy into helping other people
- 10:50 Nearly one in 10 secondary schools are under-performing - but...
- 10:48 VIDEO: Ovenden murder - residents speak of shock
- 10:48 Toddler died after being hit by mum’s car, inquest heard
- 10:48 County unveils plans for unitary authority
- 10:48 Wakefield secondary league tables in full: How does YOUR school rate?
- 10:48 Plan to demolish busy multi-storey car park
- 10:47 Did you see man assaulted in Chesterfield town centre?
- 10:47 Traffic stopped on M1 after serious collision
- 10:46 BHP Billiton and Vale set timeframe for Samarco mine claims
- 10:46 These are the 21 countries where Brit expats have the best lifestyle
- 10:46 Mainly dry but generally overcast
- 10:46 West Brom: All your transfer window questions answered
- 10:45 Newton Mearns showhome with international style
- 10:44 Diego Costa posts Instagram update after returning to Chelsea training