Climate history backs bold actions now to keep fossil fuels in the ground
In what has now become an annual summer tradition, people from all over Europe packed their bags for a pleasant stay in a... coal mine. Near Cologne, at the Ende Gëlande action, thousands stormed and occupied Europe’s largest single source of CO2 emissions for the third year in a row. With some 6,000 participants, the 2017 event is the biggest yet.
To understand why scientists like the eminent professor Joan Martinez Alier support such actions, let’s get our facts straight. While world leaders had 22 UN meetings to tackle the climate crisis since 1995, annual global carbon emissions from... read more
- 00:15 Kingsman The Golden Circle review: A start-studded, bloated,...
- 00:15 Borg Vs McEnroe review: A handsome, well-made trip down memory lane
- 00:15 In Between review: There is a freshness and sincerity to this tale
- 00:15 Our Last Tango and On Body And Soul reviews
- 00:15 Alastair Campbell: My six best books
- 00:15 Dear Cancer, Love Victoria: A Mum’s Diary Of Hope review:...
- 00:15 Oslo - National Theatre review: Part history lesson, part...
- 00:15 Five Guys Named Moe review: Audience become part of the entertainment
- 00:15 Adventures of a young naturalist review: David Attenborough has an...
- 00:15 Rick Buckler: My six best albums – The Jam, Jimi Hendrix and Dr...
- 00:14 How 'the invisible network' poses a major security threat
- 00:10 Film round up 22.9.2017
- 00:10 Extreme vacuousness prevails
- 00:10 Focus returns to the pitch for the start of the WSL
- 00:10 Rugby League: Hull skipper knows Castleford will be difficult
- 00:10 Women in football: How did Sampson get top job?
- 00:11 Junior football: Cambuslang Rangers aware of Pumpherston attacking...
- 00:10 The fiction of impartiality
- 00:11 Scottish Junior Cup: East Kilbride Thistle dreaming of glory ahead...
- 00:11 Will former East Kilbride FC players return to haunt Kilby in...
- 00:11 Stats don't worry me: East Kilbride FC's Sean Winter backs team to...
- 00:10 The future is electric
- 00:10 We must act now on our toxic air
- 00:10 Syria: Moscow tells US not to hit its forces in Deir Ezzor
- 00:10 Catalonia: Thousands stand up for arrested indy vote leaders
- 00:10 Rescuers spread out on devastated Puerto Rico
- 00:10 Rudd still pushing to kick out Bigzad
- 00:10 Labour promises to boost legal aid
- 00:10 Delivery denied
- 00:10 Hull named as one of top cities to live and work – ahead of London,...