Clean eating trend can be dangerous for young people, experts warn
Mental health experts are warning of the risks of the increasingly popular “clean eating” dietary trend, which is leaving a growing number of teenagers very thin and even at risk of dying when taken to extremes.
One nutritionist said she had been contacted by a girl as young as 12 and people had got in touch on social media saying they wanted to be healthier, giving details of their existing diets.
Rhiannon Lambert, a registered associate nutritionist in Harley Street, London, has encountered people who obsess over where food comes from and some clients who will not drink water from a tap,... read more
- 08:30 The Yorkshire Ripper and Ian Huntley are really enjoying Planet...
- 08:30 Four-way lights are installed at Telford's Shawbirch roundabout
- 08:29 PANTO REVIEW: Peter Pan, Mansfield Palace Theatre
- 08:29 Leyland bicep biter admits attacking relative
- 08:27 Plan for continental-style outdoor seating at tapas and cocktail bar
- 08:27 Social worker sacked and suspended after assault
- 08:27 Bill Jamieson: End of an era for UK income funds
- 08:26 Former mining community honoured with new Ray Lonsdale statue
- 08:26 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:26 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 08:26 Pupils ‘must be taught British values’ claims Westminster review
- 08:25 Missing teenage girl has not been seen for almost a week
- 08:23 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:22 HK stocks hit 2-wk low on Italian "no" vote, muted response to...
- 08:21 BMW workers remotely lock stolen car – with the thief still inside it
- 08:20 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:20 Bells will be ringing out for Christmas...
- 08:20 WATCH: Sneak preview of Last Tango in Halifax Christmas special
- 08:19 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists his side do not have an...
- 08:18 Penarth neighbours create 'living' advent calendar
- 08:18 Barrow 'superstar' brothers up for festive prize in Christmas Star...
- 08:18 Storm Desmond - what happened
- 08:18 Early Christmas present for Barrow teenage girl with cerebral palsy...
- 08:18 Pledge to stop elderly patients leaving Barrow hospital in the dark
- 08:18 Choking Ulverston barman made to wait 50 minutes for an ambulance
- 08:17 RBS settles three claims over 2008 fund raising
- 08:16 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:15 McDonald’s worker installed spy camera in the women’s toilets
- 08:15 British tour company worker stabbed to death in Finland
- 08:15 Fiver campaigner seeks bank of England meeting