Claudio Ranieri dismisses his perfect record against Claude Puel: It's totally irrelevant
During his spell at French club Monaco, Ranieri went head-to-head with the then-Nice coach Puel on three occasions – and won every time.
But the Leicester chief, seemingly unaware of those perfect stats until yesterday, insists they will count for nothing at the King Power Stadium this afternoon.
Different league, different era was the gist of Ranieri’s short, sharp response to questions about his past duels with Saints boss Puel – and the possibility of bagging a quadruple.
The Italian, 64, who was in charge of Monaco from 2012 to 2014, said: “No, I don’t remember our record at all. I have... read more
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:10 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp criticises Loris Karius for mistakes...
- 00:05 London to introduce contactless payment scheme for buskers
- 00:03 Barnaby Joyce and Vikki Campion reportedly sell story to Channel...
- 00:03 Liverpool comes together for the Champions League final but cup is...
- 00:01 Why cleaner seas can be bad news for birds
- 00:00 IPL final betting preview as Chennai Super Kings face...
- 23:54 Biggest Weekend shows the power of a singalong
- 23:53 Alan Bean, moon-walking astronaut and artist, dies aged 86
- 23:49 Joy for Canadian bagpiper charged over Sgian Dubh in sock
- 23:46 Auld Reekie ‘too posh’ for Old Kent Road
- 23:38 In search of lost manuscripts: essays reveal Proust’s love of...
- 23:36 Ukraine violence shows RT is dangerous, says SNP’s McDonald
- 23:36 Scottish Labour group backs vote on final Brexit deal
- 23:36 Alastair Ross: Seize the chance to save young drivers
- 23:36 Euan McColm: SNP reality check’s a great case for devolution
- 23:36 Independence blueprint ‘a hard sell’ warn radicals for Yes
- 23:32 Man charged with murder after death of Sheffield teenager
- 23:31 Charlatans threaten stem cell research with unproven cures, say...
- 23:28 Mohamed Salah given major boost with X-ray results on shoulder injury
- 23:26 Insight: What tips men over the edge of despair
- 23:22 Review: Isuzu D-Max Blade Double Cab Blade
- 23:20 Leader: Free prescriptions help better off at NHS expense
- 23:18 Dani Garavelli: Tragic legacy drags Ireland into modern world
- 23:17 ‘Scientific research’ behind launch of first Scottish Dry gin
- 23:15 A bitter pill: free paracetamol bill reaches £57m
- 23:11 92-year-old told to tear down beloved rose bushes for encroaching...
- 23:09 Seven tips to help you find your way through the mortgage maze
- 23:04 Why Liverpool should still feel proud despite Champions League...
- 23:04 Cristiano Ronaldo mocks Gareth Bale after Real Madrid beat...