Clampdown on whiplash claims has saved insurers £1bn - but car owners are still feeling the pain as premiums RISE
Insurers are starting to win the battle against false personal injury claims, including whiplash. But there are questions over whether £1billion in savings are being passed on to honest customers.
The number of insurance claims for personal injury following an accident has fallen dramatically in the past three years – a drop of nearly six per cent to 770,000.
The figures, compiled by the Government’s Compensation Recovery Unit, show half the total arises from motor accidents. At the same time, the typical cost of a claim has fallen by £124 to £10,600.
The figures reflect an industry getting... read more
- 11:48 Birmingham German Market 2018 dates have been revealed
- 11:48 Not a football fan? Here is how best to AVOID the tournament...
- 11:48 Dare to dream: Eleven things that would definitely happen if...
- 11:47 Live as police search house in west Hull
- 11:46 CCTV APPEAL: Fake £50 note warning for residents in Garstang
- 11:45 CCTV APPEAL: Fake £50 warning for residents in Garstang
- 11:45 Letters - June 19, 2018
- 11:44 Young people urged to stay in the Lake District
- 11:43 University open days: everything you always wanted to know about X
- 11:42 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:42 Pair of candlesticks stolen from a church in Stanford-on-Avon
- 11:41 Four in five of us have ‘no clue’ when it comes to taking vitamins
- 11:41 H&M is launching a snazzy lingerie collaboration
- 11:39 Row as Mansfield District council pays thousands to property...
- 11:39 Nigel Slater’s courgettes and tagliatelle recipe
- 11:39 Microbead ban: Here are some natural alternatives
- 11:39 Supermarket chain plans to demolish neighbouring Whitefied shop to...
- 11:39 Fire breaks out above Ulverston town centre business
- 11:38 Watch: Ripon's Got Talent acts find out they're through to the final
- 11:38 New fire and ambulance station helping to save lives in Sleaford
- 11:38 Body of man found dead in river is identified and named after...
- 11:38 Jobs to go at Poundworld head office in Normanton
- 11:38 Buxton woman transformed into singing sensation Sia for Stars in...
- 11:37 Cambridge students finish the year stumbling home after...
- 11:37 Manager’s delight at pub’s new look
- 11:37 Anti-stalking: Cheshire Police and Suzy Lamplugh Trust launch unit
- 11:36 Chelsea stars fearing Eden Hazard will quit for Real Madrid...
- 11:36 Outfitter toasts £100k whisky hire contract
- 11:36 Ryan Giggs sends message to Gareth Bale over Manchester...
- 11:36 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...