Claims that a scheme to help troubled families in Hartlepool has had ‘zero impact’
A multi-million pound scheme to help troubled families, including those in Hartlepool, is having ‘no significant impact’ a report has claimed.
The town was one area chosen to be part of the £448million government initiative, The Troubled Families Programme, aimed at fixing problem neighbours.
Launched in the wake of riots in 2011, it was designed to turn around the lives of 120,000 of the most “troubled” families in England by 2015 and was then extended for five years bringing the total cost to more than £1billion.
Hartlepool was identified as having 290 troubled families, with 242 eligible... read more
- 13:24 EastEnders spoilers: Reunion for Sonia Fowler and Tina Carter?
- 13:24 Man flies from Newcastle to London via Spain because it’s cheaper...
- 13:24 A gritty scene on the River Tyne in 1983 - see how the same...
- 13:22 Pakistan rejects U.S. sanctions against Kashmir militant
- 13:22 Man City refuse to enter bidding war for £40m Barcelona target...
- 13:21 Music fans warned time is running out to snap up priority tickets...
- 13:21 Sainsbury’s recalls sandwich fillers in food bug scare
- 13:21 Scores of jobs on offer at Experian - one of Nottingham's biggest...
- 13:21 Nintendo SNES Classic Mini announced - here's all you need to know
- 13:21 East Lindsey GP practices propose merger and launch consultation
- 13:21 Arts Council England backs Birmingham with £88m of new funding
- 13:21 Blue Oyster Cult at Rock City in Nottingham will be supported by...
- 13:21 Birmingham City midfielder completes move away from Blues
- 13:21 Top 10 things to see at Lichfield Festival 2017
- 13:21 YP Letters: Council out of touch with transport realities
- 13:21 YP Letters: Single market no barrier to global trade
- 13:21 Aston Martin RapidE to spearhead zero-emissions push
- 13:20 Yoga trapeze gets off to a flying start in Sheffield
- 13:19 Can you legally drive barefoot or in flip flops? This is the law
- 13:19 The cashpoint celebrates 50th birthday - here are 50 facts you need...
- 13:19 Monarchy to get big taxpayer pay rise - are they worth it?
- 13:19 Cristiano Ronaldo rethinks Real Madrid exit and Gareth Bale faces...
- 13:19 Police seek owners of items found at South Yorkshire service station
- 13:18 Airbus unveils futuristic helicopter which can fly 250mph - but is...
- 13:18 Drive My Bessa-carr and You Haxey Thing - Yorkshire water urges...
- 13:18 £6,000 donated to robot appeal to thank life-saving neurosurgeon
- 13:17 Burton Albion fans can buy their priority memberships from the club...
- 13:16 NHS staff celebrate after winning two national awards
- 13:16 Aberdeen complete Greg Stewart loan deal as Birmingham City striker...
- 13:16 Plunge in UK confidence hits Debenhams, adds to slowdown fears