Claims that a scheme to help troubled families in Hartlepool has had ‘zero impact’
A multi-million pound scheme to help troubled families, including those in Hartlepool, is having ‘no significant impact’ a report has claimed.
The town was one area chosen to be part of the £448million government initiative, The Troubled Families Programme, aimed at fixing problem neighbours.
Launched in the wake of riots in 2011, it was designed to turn around the lives of 120,000 of the most “troubled” families in England by 2015 and was then extended for five years bringing the total cost to more than £1billion.
Hartlepool was identified as having 290 troubled families, with 242 eligible... read more
- 01:44 Trump running mate Mike Pence's plane skids off runway
- 01:41 Liverpool hero takes subtle dig at Man United: How they've helped...
- 01:35 When Joni Mitchell wore blackface for Halloween
- 01:33 Russia denies its warships will join Aleppo bombardment - RIA
- 01:31 Male contraceptive jab 'shows promise'
- 01:30 'In the future we will see if he can return': Spain boss Julen...
- 01:30 Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben named in Holland squad for...
- 01:30 Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri says he will welcome Juventus forward...
- 01:30 Radamel Falcao's problems stem from Premier League spell, insists...
- 01:23 China's main search engine Baidu sees first ever revenue drop
- 01:19 Manchester City fans are filmed singing as they ‘knock sinks off...
- 01:19 Under-fire Mark Warburton restates commitment to Rangers amid...
- 01:19 Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes hoping to upset the odds against...
- 01:19 Ian Poulter sits seven shots off the lead as he continues his...
- 01:18 China's October factory activity may show mild growth amid weak demand
- 01:17 Adult Halloween events in Birmingham and beyond
- 01:14 Advocates laud U.S. decision to ban LGBT discrimination in foreign aid
- 01:07 Dare you eat the Hotter than Hell Pizza?
- 01:04 'Pre-reg' cars now widespread in UK
- 01:03 Japan September consumer prices fall, add to run of gloomy data
- 01:00 Man admits vandalising Trump's Walk of Fame star in Los Angeles
- 00:52 Double gold for Ferreira at the London jiu jitsu championships
- 00:49 ‘Milestone’ floods action plan for Calderdale revealed
- 00:49 Extra trained nurses 'key to stroke survival' says study
- 00:45 Scott Brown ready to make sensational Scotland comeback in next...
- 00:42 QUIZ: Can you answer Sheffield, South Yorkshire and further afield...
- 00:40 WADA publishes report highlighting 'serious failings' at Rio...
- 00:38 A night to celebrate our Rio heroes in Mytholmroyd
- 00:38 ‘Milestone’ floods action plan for Calderdale revealed
- 00:37 Sexy artwork inspired by Fifty Shades of Grey on sale in Birmingham